Okay, so we aren't actually flashing back to the distant past. Just the recent past. Do you remember that I said we forgot Davids camera at Wendy and Sams house? Well we finally got it back! (Thank you Wendy for taking care of it while we were away.)
Note: There will be several flashback posts. I was planning to do them all together in one big post, but realized I just don't have the time for that. So instead you will be getting "Flashback to the past" posts over the next week or so.
June 5, 2010 = One year of happily wedded bliss + Really old wedding cake
Our marriage turned one! David and I decided to stay close to home for our Anniversary. We are trying to graduate from college debt-free and David is only half-way through his Masters. We decided it would be better to stick close to home now, and be able to graduate debt-free. (And hopefully go on a cruise or something in December.) We went out to lunch at Chick-fil-a and then David surprised me by taking me to the Hale Center Theater to see the Three Musketeers. I absolutely love seeing plays at the theater and hope to someday have season passes to some showhouse close to where we live.
Here are some other pictures of us at the play:
(Isn't he so handsome?)
Next up we went to the Gateway to go to the Clarke Planetarium. I'd never been, and we had been talking about going for quite a while. We had a blast!
Learning all about the different planets and such. It was way interesting to see the sizes of all the planets in comparison with earth.
We even took a trip to Mars!
Spacesuit.
This was my favorite part of the whole place. It was a huge system that was rigged with a piping system that carried little balls through up to the very top of the roof and then let them roll down, hitting bells and such. It was way fun. (I also loved the pendulum that swings in just one place, but as the earth turns it hits these little metal pieces and makes them fall down.)
Because we were already at the Gateway, I told David that I really really wanted to go and check out the store "Anthropologie." I had heard a ton about it, but wasn't actually sure what it was. I would always see people (especially on a lot of the blogs that I follow) mention buying shirts, or shoes, or plates, or measuring cups, or laundry baskets there. Sounds a little eclectic right? It totally was. You could pretty much find a little bit of everything there. It was fun to check out, now I feel like I am in the "know."
We were starving so we decided to eat at the California Pizza Kitchen. Neither of us had been before and it was really good!
We got a California Club and it was oh, so delicious!
After we were done with all of our fun in Salt Lake, we headed back to Logan where we ate some pretty delicious one-year old wedding cake. David wasn't sure why we had to do it, but I was insistent. Although, I'm not exactly sure what the symbolism is either. I guess it's just a good way to celebrate our first year.
The lighting was really bad, so these were the only pictures that turned out. The cake wasn't too bad, but I must admit we both took one bite and we were like... "Yum... lets get out the ice cream instead. (David and I are not big cake people. It's too... I don't know. Something.) The best part about eating our cake it that it frees up a large amount of room in our freezer!
This last picture is from when we went to the temple earlier in the week. We were able to go and do sealings in the Logan Temple and it was wonderful!
This last year has been incredible, and I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing guy! It was fun to celebrate our anniversary and we look forward to celebrating many, many more!
4 comments:
So glad to get the run down of how you celebrated your anniversay! Sounds like fun.
What an awesome day for you guys! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary you two! Looks like you had a great time celebrating!
Happy Anniversary!! We miss you guys to much and our adult play dates! I'm glad you had such a fun celebrations! Hooray for married life!!
Post a Comment