If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I love Halloween.

I love Halloween. 

I love the decorations, the costumes, the brisk fall air, the candy and the excitement.
 
I have such great memories from Halloweens-Past. 

Like carving pumpkins with these crazies: 

The Oliver Family is as tied to Halloween as anything could be.



I wish I had more pictures of past Halloween costumes, but I don't. I even only have one really bad picture from Halloween last year. Lame. 

2007- Me as Elizabeth Swan. I just happened to run into Jack Sparrow at the party.
 2008 - Yes. I am a vampire.
(I didn't have any good shots of me in my dress, but I did wear my ballgown this year) 

2009 - David and I as Marguerite and Percy Blakeney of the Scarlet Pimpernel

Yes, I have worn the same dress for the last 3 Halloweens. That is what happens when you spend over 100 hours on a Halloween costume.

Other fond memories of Halloween include this book: 
My parents used to read this to me when I was little. 

I still remember them laughing as I tried to read along with them one year that I had a terrible cold.

If you read the transcript HERE you will see that they are a lot of words that are not so easy to pronounce when you have a cold. 

I loved this book and all of my other Halloween memories.

 ---------------------

 I am excited for this year's Halloween. David and I have a great costume idea planned out. (And, no, it doesn't involve me wearing my ballgown. Although, I may have to wear it sometime this month just because.) 

I am also excited to finish decorating my apartment. Especially because my darling sister-in-laws gave me an incredibly amazing Halloween sign for my birthday! I can't wait to post pictures!
Here are some other things that I may or may not get around to doing this Halloween:


from HERE

from HERE

from HERE

and even though this isn't SUPER Halloween oriented, I still LOVE it and really want it: 

from HERE


What are you most excited for about Halloween?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I LOVE those inside out caramel apples and I haven't even eaten them yet. Love them. Love them. Did I mention that I LOVE them. I might have to go to the store tonight so I can try it out.

Also, have you ever read Jerry Seinfeld's Halloween? It is a must read for the serious student of Halloween. So funny and true. If you don't have it, we'll bring it up sometime.

Wendy said...

Okay. DELISH! That is all I can say. I made the caramel apple things tonight. So so so so so good. I am in love. You have to try it!