If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday.... again.

Well, here we are. It's Wednesday again. How did that happen so quickly? Who knows.


The big news of the week is that I was officially hired as a contract teacher here at Westlake High School. I interviewed last Thursday, and they told me yesterday morning. Last night David and I celebrated by eating  pizza pockets for dessert while watching an episode of Lois and Clark. (After which, I promptly fell asleep on the couch until David kindly woke me up and helped me crawl into bed.) But back to the big news - the fact that I was hired as the official teacher is a big deal. I've been so blessed to get this job. I will be forever grateful to my friend Emily who basically dropped this opportunity into my lab. I would feel a little guilty about snatching this job away from here if she wasn't so happy staying home with her darling baby girl. (And if I wasn't so jealous of her because of it!)

Today, being Wednesday, is parent teacher conferences at Westlake. This means I will be here for the next 4 hours. Not that this would be unusual for me. I generally stay till 5:30, and Tuesday I was here until 7:30. I just won't be able to get as much work done as I usually do. However, I do have something grand to look forward to. Tonight is HBM's "End of Busy Season" Party - and David and I get to go party with the rest of David's incredibly interesting Accounting associates. Hooray! (I really do love HBM. They have been such a great place for David to work, and the people there are awesome.)

Okay, sorry for another random post. We have been incredible slackers at taking pictures lately, and so I don't have much else to post about but the random musings of my mind. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new "official" teaching position!!! I am so excited for you! The students at Westlake are very lucky, whether they know it or not! Good luck with this new career position of yours!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Congrats on your job! I can't wait for summer when we can hang more!! I will love that!