If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Success

Hey all, thanks for the kind words on that last post. Sorry it was such a downer. I really was having a bad day - but I have been overwhelmed with love and support since then and feel much better. It helps to have great friends and family (especially the kind that leave kind comments, send sweet text messages, bring you chocolate, or show up with ice cream at the door). So thank you to my wonderful support group. I don't know what I would do without you.

Other than my recent discouragements, I have had some recent successes. Let me tell you about them:

-The open house for my District House was last Thursday and Friday. I took my students on a mini field trip (not a 15 hour field trip like we went on the week before, whew!) to go look at the house. It was fun - and mostly I am grateful to be all finished with it. It was a lot of work but I think that it really did come together. I wish I had pictures, but it was really bad weather outside - and so even though I did remember to bring my camera, we pretty much scampered in and then scampered out without pausing to get a good shot of the house.

-I only have five days left of school. Well, five and a half I guess. But then it is graduation and we are outta there for the summer. I'm a little sad - but more than a little excited. However, i've never not had a summer job and I don't know what I am going to do with myself after June (June is still a pretty busy teacher month with all of the summer conferences, collaboration meetings and other random things.) I'm seriously considering trying to find a little summer job - but part of me just wants to relax and go swimming every day. Who knows....

-I am currently working with three Red Ladder Design clients, it is keeping me busy but I love it.

- I convinced David to buy the fifth season of Psych. We don't usually follow new TV shows, and we don't usually buy movies - but we loved watching Psych on Netflix and it is super clean and funny so we decided to go ahead and buy this season. (We aren't very patient.) Thank goodness for Amazon who will deliver it to our doorstep on May 31st - the day that it comes out.

-My hair is the longest that it has been in my married life. I'm pretty sure that David has never seen my hair this long. Now, it's still not very long - but it's kind of a big deal for me. I like being able to put it in a messy bun. Oh wait - i've blogged about this before. Well, that's pretty much the highlight of life right now.

-David and I are taking Friday off. Hooray! David gets the day off - so I am taking the day off as well. We have grand plans of an early Temple Session, brunch at Denny's, mini golf or bowling in the afternoon, and then celebrating with Matthew and Melissa at their Graduation that night. Should be a fun day.

-Last, but not least: one of my greatest friends, Hayli Dickey, gets home from her mission this Wednesday! I can't wait. I have missed that girl over the past 18 months and am SO excited to see her. I am already trying to devise ways to get her to move down to the Lehi area. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Lauren and Carter said...

You have a job - Red Ladder Design! I say worry only about that and work on your tan. :) Also, I [heart] Psych.