If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to Cal

Yesterday we celebrated the birthday of David's dad, Cal. He turned sixty, but he thinks he is still 29.  It was nice to gather around him with so many of his family members to celebrate him.

Cal is such an amazing person. He cares so much about his family and is willing to do anything for them. Some of my first memories of David's family include how welcoming Cal was to me. He is so sincere and so kind. He made me feel comfortable and welcome in his home. I love him so much and am so grateful for his example. I hope that someday I can be as good of a person as he is. 

As Sue was putting the candles on the cake (all 60), Cal was on the computer creating this sign.
The sign reads: 

Fire Marshall Notice
The fire Marshall has declared this birthday cake a
MAJOR
FIRE
HAZARD
It cannot be safely lit!!!

Too MANY Candles

After the sign didn't work, he went out to the garage and came back in with a blow torch to light the candles.

After quite the struggle, Amy finally confiscated the torch by telling him that it's against the rules to light your own candles on your birthday.
More Pictures: 





Happy Birthday Cal! We love you!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hahahahaha! I love the sign, the blow torch, and the massive flame!