Last week they finally put carpet throughout the whole house. I can't even explain how big of a difference this made. It is so so so exciting! I walked in the front door and was like, "Oh, look how nice." Then I waslked to the Kitchen/Family area and was like, "Oh, this is so wonderful!" Then I walked upstairs and at the top of the stairs I stopped in my tracks. It looked SO much like a real house. I was frozen in place with images of little children running down the hall, and of David and I walking up those stairs to go to bed at night. It was incredible. The carpet is so soft and new, and the whole house is filled with "new house smell." I love it!
This morning we met up at our house to go through our Final Walk Through. We went through every room and inspected every little thing. John, the McArthur representative, had a roll of blue tape and we marked every ding or other small item that needed fixed. Part of me felt like it wasn't a huge deal to have a few scuff marks, because I can just clean them when we move in - but the other part of me felt like everything should be perfect because it's a new house and it should be sportless and scuff free! There were a few other minor repairs that he wrote down for them to make, everything from a new peep-hole to fixing a pipe in the basement that squeaked when you walked across the floor. But for the most part - it looks really wonderful. It's hard to believe that in just a few short days we will be moving in!
This is probably the last "Home Progression" post. Thursday we close, Friday we get the keys, and Saturday we will move in! These pictures don't have the front driveway poured or the back patio - but I'm sure that I will post pictures of those after we move in. Part of me feels like we have been waiting forever, but the other part of me can't believe that it's all happened so fast. We are so excited and can't wait to get all of our stuff moved in. You are all welcome to come and visit us anytime. (Anyone up for a house warming party? I think yes!)
7 comments:
It all looks so so great! It will look even better with all of your things and personal touches! I love it. So excited for you guys! The moment is FINALLY here! Yay!
Looks amazing! I love that new house smell. So excited for you guys!
I love it! We are so excited for you three! Wish we could come visit.
~Eve
AHHHHHHHH So so so excited for you guys! It is so beautiful!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (That's me squealing with excitement.)
Beautiful Shantel!
It's beautiful!
Post a Comment