If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Today's Random Thoughts

Today, I'm laughing at this: Stick Man Adventures


See? That's David and I climbing a ladder to save someone. I'm awesome at drawing stick figures with a mouse.

You will be even more impressed when you realize that I drew that with a tiny mini-mouse that we got for free at an accounting recruiting event. Not the big nice touchpad mouse that belongs with our computer. When the nice mouse runs out of batteries, I pull out the mini one and use it until I finally decide (or David finally decides) to dig around for batteries.

Life is always so full of different emotions. It's amazing how quickly I can go from feeling worried and scared to incredibly happy and grateful. I just think that there are so many different aspects of life, and the more I try to take things just a tiny piece at a time, the happier I am. I get overwhelmed fairly easily especially when I start thinking about all the things I need to do, and how fast time is going by, and what is life going to be like when Lydia is a teenager and how will we possibly be able to teach her how to be happy and confident and spiritual when there are so many negative things beating at the door. We have a lot of friends and family members who are struggling with many different things, and we ourselves struggle with our own challenges. But there is so much good in the world. So today, instead of being worried, stressed, and upset - I'm choosing to be happy.

Here are some things that make me happy:

-Being able to stay home and be with Lydia as she signs "Train" and "Airplane" and "Car" and "Food" over and over again. (She likes her vehicles almost as much as she likes to eat.)

-Staying up late with David talking about all of the things we want for our future family. Even though we said that we were going to go to bed early.

-Eating yummy food. (We've made a lot of good recipes lately.) Some of my favorites have been: Sweet Pork Salads, Two Timin' Pasta, Southwest Chicken Soup and Creamy Chicken Fajitas. Mmmmm.

-Wearing white cargo capris with a happy colored shirt. I feel like I'm cheating the system (what? a mom wearing white pants?) and even though I have to wash them every. single. time. I wear them, it's worth it.

-Fun and random things like a Family Rootbeer taste-test. Who knew that Teddy's would be my very favorite? It tied with A&W. As for Bundaberg- don't even try it. It was the worst. I believe that out of the eleven of us it was the lowest ranked rootbeer.

-Well designed product packaging. Seriously. I love a pretty package label.

-The new "individualized lists" on Netflix! We now have a list for David, one for me, one for Lydia, and one for when David and I watch together. It's awesome. Doctor Who for me. Prison Break for David. And all of the baby shows on their own list. Lydia doesn't watch TV often, but occasionally I will put on Barney for her - and it's nice to be able to have that on it's own queue.

-My Birthday! Did you know that my birthday is only ten days away? Yep! I love birthdays. And this one is going to be super great, I just know it.

-Our Red Ladder Design - About Us page. It seriously makes me so happy. How lucky am I to have such a wonderful man by my side through this crazy business venture? So lucky.

-Crazy hair days. This is Lydia and I right now. We may not leave the house like this, but for right now we are happy to be here together, especially with our crazy hair.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

One of my favorite things that Lydia does is sign Train... everyyyy singleee time a train passes! She is such a smartie! I am also very glad Southwest Chicken Soup made it to your yummy food list, because it is definitely on mine! Also that stick figure drawing game is hilarious! and very random! I love you!

Kajsa and Fam said...

Haha Pretty random indeed. Glad you are choosing to be happy, definitely the better way to go in this world. And Lydia will grow up to be smart, lovely, and spiritual the sames way you did... With Good parents, a loving church, and her heavenly fathers help. :)

Jenna Haderlie said...

I love her hair and face! So adorable!!

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

I love this post! It can be so hard sometimes to be positive and not worry and stress. I am one big stress ball most of the time! ha. Side note: I love that you had a Root Beer Taste Test. Nick and I have saved up every kind of Dr. Pepper to do a taste test! We haven't done it yet. Keep being happy you deserve it!