If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

A visit from Ryan Matthew Peaden (oh, and his family, too)

This last week we were able to spend some time with Davids brother and his family. Matt and Julie live in Indiana and so we try to take advantage of every opportunity to see them that we can. We love spending time with them, and this trip was especially wonderful due to their handsome little addition, Ryan. He was born about two months ago, but this was the first chance that we got to meet him and let me tell you - it made me realize just how big Lydia is. Compared to him, she is huge. Definitely not my tiny little baby anymore. When Ryan was born, he was born early in an emergency C-section. There were several problems that he was having, like keeping his blood platelets and oxygen levels up, and after almost two weeks he was diagnosed with Down Syndrome. We sent many prayers to heaven for this sweet boy in the early weeks of his life, and it was so amazing to be able to hold him and love him.

I was able to go up during the week and chat with Julie while David was at work, but I didn't snag any great pictures of that day. Then on Sunday they blessed Ryan in David's parents ward. It was probably the most beautiful blessing that I've ever heard. Full of hope and love and Jesus Christ. It was amazing.

Afterwards we congregated at Julie's grandma's house for some lunch and a birthday party for Julie. 




We got to hold Ryan a bunch - and Lydia loved playing with her cousins. (Sans-bow of course, I wish there was a magic spell I could cast to make her leave her headbands on.) 


Ryan's blessing circle was the biggest that I'd ever seen. It didn't even fit in the space between the stand and the front row so it was a long squished oval. It was so incredible to see the support and priesthood power that surrounds this family. These are not even all of the people I think:


And because the men got to be in a picture, they decided to take one of all of the women as well. 

A couple of nights laterm mm on Tuesday, before Matt and Julie had to head back to Indiana, we got together and went out to dinner at Cafe Rio. Mmmmm. I love me a good sweet pork salad (although I do prefer Costa Vida). It was loud, but it was nice to be able to chat with them a little more. 


We certainly love this family and absolutely adore new baby Ryan. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh, he's a handsome little man! The picture of him sleeping is so sweet. Also, let's talk about how gorgeous you look in that cardigan!