So this is the thing - every single day I have at least one load of dishes to do. Most of the time I do them first thing in the morning while Lydia is eating her breakfast. (I have a strict "I don't do dishes at night" rule.) But on the occasional day that I don't get them done while Lydia is in her high chair, I have to do them in the afternoon or else they will pile up and become extremely intimidating. Sometimes when this happens Lydia is happy to play in the next room over, or happy to play with the silverware that I put in the dishwasher. Other times however, she stands by my legs and whines and whines and whines. I can only take so much of the whining, so oftentimes I will set her on the counter and let her play with a tupperware or something while I am doing the dishes. Sometimes she stays fairly dry, and other days she gets pretty soggy. Then there are the days that she wants to full on play in the water. Who am I to say no to such an innocent request? She patiently waits until I get one side of the sink cleaned out and then we strip off her clothes and diaper and stick her in the sink.
It actually works really well - she is thrilled to be playing in the water and I am able to continue to work on the dishes in the other half of the sink. About the time that I am finishing up with my last dish is about the time that she starts to get bored and tries to stand up (which is immediate grounds for removal from the sink). Who ever thought that as a mom I would be so good at multi tasking that I would be able to wash my dishes and give my baby a bath at the same time?
And what is better than seeing a naked baby in a kitchen sink?
Seeing that same baby doing the same thing exactly six months ago.
(I took these pictures in May 2013, but I don't think that I ever got around to blogging them so I searched them out and thought that they would be the perfect addition to this post.)
Look at how much this cute girl has grown in just six months. I love her happy grin.










5 comments:
I love how her hair is starting to come in! Tiny pony tails are in her near future (if not already happened) :)
Oh my word, that is fabulous!
Love it!! What a good idea :)
Such a good idea! I love how her cute smile is the same in both pictures! So cute!
She looks so much like David in the very top picture!!
Post a Comment