If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Jenna's Baby Shower - Baby it's Cold Outside

My sweet Jenna sister is having a baby in just a few short months (Due January 17th - yay!), and when I offered to throw her a baby shower - she expressed her desire for a casual yet intimate gathering of some of the people that she loves. So we invited some close friends and family and had a nice time chatting and celebrating this big event in Jenna's life. We each made name suggestions, then wrote a card for her to open in the weeks after her baby is born, then ate some warm tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, and hot chocolate. It was perfect. 




We are blessed to have such supportive and loving family. From left to right, Aunt Kim, Grandma Walker, Jenna, Mom, Lydia, Shantel, Melissa, and Aunt Wendy. Jenna's friends, Jenna Browning and McKinzie Enlow.


We are so excited for Jenna. She is such a sweet person and I know that she is going to make the most amazing mother. For part of the shower, I wanted to share a story about Jenna as a baby. I asked my mom and dad for any memorable stories that I could share - but the only thing that they could come up with is that she was such a sweet baby and she brought them so much happiness. The one word that they kept using to describe her was Joy. So much so that soon after she was born, they seriously considered changing her name to Jenna Joy instead of Jenna Anne. I think that joyous personality has really stuck with her all her life. She brings so much happiness and joy everywhere she goes. Her baby is going to be so lucky to have her as a mom. Congratulations again! 

5 comments:

Ashley said...

What a wonderful shower!

Eve said...

It looks like a lovely baby shower!

McKinzie said...

I had so much fun! I'm so glad I got an invite. Can't wait for that baby to come!

Jenna said...

It was such a fun shower, Shan! I loved getting to see your family :)

Mollie Rose Herrey said...

Whenever I think of Jenna I think of joy and happiness!! She sure is awesome :)