If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Five

With the start of this new year - we are back on the Friday Five Bandwagon. Looking back through previous posts, I find that these are some of my favorite entries - so I'm going to re-motivate myself to make them happen at least a couple times a month.

Here are some of the things that have been going on in our lives recently.

1- We printed our 2013 blog books! We got a coupon code to use for 15% off, but had to use it by the 6th of January. Awesome. Except when I went to load our book for printing we got this error: "The posts in blog "thepeadenlife.blogspot.com" from your selection dates contain 2519 photos. Currently, Blog2Print can place up to 2000 photos in your blog book. if you like, try creating two or more volumes of your Blog Book by selecting smaller date ranges."

Uhh... what? 519 photos too many???

We thought about trying to go back through and cut out 500 photos, but in the end we decided it's probably just better to print the book in two parts. It worked out because they can also only print about 450 pages per blog book, and in the end one book had about 350 pages and the other had about 280. So we never would have fit into one book anyway. I guess I'm a little long winded. Oh well.. We just cant wait to get our books delivered! 
2- As previously mentioned, Melissa and Blake are engaged to be married in March. I've been having so much fun working with Melissa to plan for their wedding. I'm currently in the middle of trying to alter her wedding dress. (It's a slip dress - so fairly straightforward to work with. It's gorgeous and I can't wait until it's done and fits her perfectly.) We also went and started gathering things for her bouquet this last weekend. It's going to be beautiful as well. It's very non-traditional with lots of succulents and wildflowers, and it's perfect for Melissa. I'm glad that Melissa is letting me tag along on her wedding planning journey - because I can't get enough of if!  

3- Last Sunday a couple in our ward invited us over for dinner. The Heaths are super nice, and we've thought several times that we wanted to get to know them better. It was so fun to spend time with them and I must say - the meal that they prepared was absolutely delicious. My mouth still waters just thinking about it. It's nice to feel like we are getting to know people in our ward and making good friends.

4- Our stake had The Food Nanny come and give a presentation about meal planning on a budget. I was really excited, and so I invited Ashley to come with me. It turned out to be nothing like what I thought it was going to be (it was more - let me show you how easy it is to make your own bread - and less - meal planning on a budget). But I still had a nice time chatting with Ashley and discussing our own meal planning strategies. I feel great about the way that I have our meals organized and feel confident in my ability to meal plan on a budget. It's remarkable to look at how far I've come, and I was actually surprised at myself when I caught myself thinking "I wish I was teaching this class right now - I would be taking such a different approach." I guess I'm just grateful for the experiences I've had and the abilities I've developed to plan healthy meals on a budget for my little family.

5- By far, this is the best news of the whole week. My little sister Jenna and her husband Kevin were blessed with a healthy baby girl on January 16, 2014. Camille Grace Haderlie entered the world at 10:37 a.m, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz. She has dark brown hair and is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. I'm so excited for Jenna and Kevin and for this new adventure that they have just started. Just thinking about how wonderful it is brings tears to my eyes. I've not met her yet, but I already love Camille Grace more than I even thought that I would. She is perfect.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Camille is beautiful! Congratulations to Jenna and Kevin! And thank you so much for inviting me to listen to the Food Nanny. I think you could teach a fabulous class on meal planning on a budget - if you ever do, I'm there! :)

Mollie Rose Herrey said...

YAY for babies and especially healthy babies!! It's fun to do these five things I think.. Good opportunity to think outside the box a little (for me at least haha)

Emily said...

Hooray for Friday Five! So fun to read up on your week!