If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Nursery Sneak Peek

Austin's Nursery still isn't finished, but this is as far as we got before he came. I'm sure we'll add things as we go, because I really want to get some things up on his walls - but I love the room so much just the way it is and wanted to share. This is exactly the way it looked on the day that I went into labor and just the way it was for him to come home to. 
 
 

As I said, it's not finished. I have several ideas for the walls - but couldn't solidify anything before Austin came and so this is still how it looks right now. As the Utah State lovers that we are, we chose Aggie Blue as the main color of the nursery and will definitely have a picture of Old Main in there somewhere. (And maybe a Block A? For Aggies... and Austin?) We talked about wanting a giant picture of Old Main for above the crib, but I think we will probably go with something a little more... nursery-ish. I have some ideas that I've just started setting in motion, and so I'm sure I'll update on the status soon.

Some of my favorite things?
-The blue striped bassinet with matching ottoman. (Both of which I made myself.)
-The incredibly soft and cuddly baby blanket made by David's mom, Sue.
-The grey bear picked out by Lydia, especially for her little brother.
-The giant rocker/recliner perfect for baby snuggles. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yay! So glad to see this post! Great job on the bassinet and ottoman! I love that you went with an Aggie blue theme! No pressure, kids, go to any college you want, as long as that college is USU ;)

Ashley said...

I love his nursery! You did such a lovely job.

janette said...

Yay for Aggie blue! So sweet and simple; he is one lucky little guy.