I knew the pass was expiring, so we tried to use it a lot. I said that we were going to go every single day of the last week, but we really only ended up going a couple of times. I didn't get pictures of the Children's Museum when we went - but I got some cute ones at the farm. It was really Austin's first time going and walking around and knowing what was going on and he loved it. That alone makes me sad not to be renewing, because I'd forgotten how much I love going there and walking around with the kids. But then Austin wanted to go one way and Lydia got upset and ran a different way and I thought that maybe not dealing with that didn't sound so bad after all. But it really was a beautiful day. Just cold enough for jackets. Puddles everywhere for Lydia to jump in to her heart's content. Austin wanted to hold my finger everywhere we went, only letting go to grab Lydia's hand. This is one of those beautiful days in a mother's life.
The day that my pass actually expired, I decided to try to hit all of the spots with the kids. We started at the Dinosaur Museum, then walked over to the water tower and got ice cream and fries. The kids were in heaven. Then we went to the farm and walked around for a little bit. The weather was actually pretty cold, so we didn't stay long - but we were there long enough to have a nice time. I was planning to go to the Children's museum afterward, but I asked Lydia if she wanted to go there next and she said that she just wanted to go home. I asked her a couple of other times on the way home, but we had already had such a nice time and if she was happy - I was happy.
Lydia's a little concerned about the fact that I don't have a pass anymore, but she's decided that it's okay because we can "still go to museums that don't need a pass". (We call a lot of things, museums.) So, it's sad to say goodbye to Thanksgiving Point for a while, but I'm excited to go explore other things. The end.

















1 comment:
I love the pictures of Austin at the farm! I'm a little sad that you won't have passes this year, but can we still play at parks and splash pads and whatnot this spring/summer?
Post a Comment