June 5th is probably my favorite day of the whole year. Not necessarily my favorite holiday, activity wise. But, the actual day itself brings such light and happiness to my heart and I just love it.
The day that we get to celebrate our respective "me"-s turning into a forever US.
David, honestly at this point - I can't even imagine my life without you in it. You're so much a part of me that I'm surprised you haven't been by my side through every single year of my life. (Although, I'm rather glad you missed my more awkward years.) This life that we have together, I wouldn't change it for the world. You're everything I've ever wanted and everything I never knew I needed.
Thanks for stubbornly picking me those 8ish years ago even though I stubbornly made you work for every inch... because this thing we've got going? It's really working for me.
Photo Credit: Ali Middleton Photography
(These photos perfectly capture my feelings about this man that I love.)
---
For our anniversary celebration David completely took the lead and planned the best anniversary I could have asked for. He arranged for us to drop our kids off Friday morning at his parents house and then we headed to Lagoon!
We got to the park before it opened and were excited for the day! Our nephew Josh had been at Lagoon just the week before and he'd given us the inside scoop about the new roller coaster, Cannibal. Because we knew where to go, as soon as they let us in the gate we walked right over to the staging area for the line and were the first ones there. When the security guards walked the whole group over to the ride, we fell to the middle of the pack - but we were still able to ride the coaster in the first few groups! Josh said that the line got really, really long (like hours long) - and it was pretty short still so we rode it four time in the first hour. It was a blast! We spent the next couple of hours riding the coasters and eating the lunch we had packed, then we headed in to Lagoon-a-beach. Neither of us had ever been before but it was easily our favorite part of the day. We rented tubes and enjoyed the lazy river, and went on a bunch of water-slides. It was the perfect temperature for being in the water. When it started cooling back down, we changed and went back into the park for dinner and rides until the park closed at eleven. A full day, and it was perfect. We left our phones in the car - so this picture of us at the front gate before David ran his phone and the sunscreen back to the car is all we have of the day. There were a few times I regretted not having a camera to take pictures - but it was SO nice to just be together and not be worried about anything on our phone. So in that regard, I'm definitely glad we left our cameras/phones in the car.
We had talked about maybe wanting to do something else fun (breakfast at a restaurant), but we decided that really- what we wanted to do more than anything else, was have a day when we could just sleep in and binge watch a TV show on Netflix. That's just something that isn't possible when you have kids, and so we took advantage of the time that we had while David's parents were babysitting for us. We slept in until ten (it's been years and years and years since that happened) and ate popcorn/snacks while watching The Flash all day long... until it was time to go pick up our kids. We loved it. Mostly it was just so nice to be together - to get to do something out of the ordinary - and to be able to celebrate this life that we have together.
David, I love you. Seven years just isn't enough for me. (Although, I do feel like at seven years we've hit real-adult status.) Let's go for another 70 before we head into eternity, okay?
You're my favorite. Happy Anniversary.







2 comments:
Happy anniversary! Sounds like a perfect day with your husband!
YAY!! I love all these pictures. You are beautiful!! Oh and Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment