If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Elder Walker Comes Home!

My little brother, Elder Jacob Colvin Walker has been serving the Lord in the Edmonton Canada Mission for the past two years. We got to talk to him in May for Mother's Day and we've been counting down the days until his return!  


 We met up at the airport this evening and we were quite the bundle of excitement and nerves! 

And then, just like that - he was home! 



I'm so proud of this little brother of mine. He's always been an example of testimony, of seeking gospel learning by study and by faith, and of loving the Savior. No matter what trials came his way, he's made it a priority to stay close to the Lord and I'm grateful for that example. I know that serving a mission is a hard thing. It's a sacrifice, and an effort every day, and I'm grateful for Jacob showing the example of serving the Lord. And I'm really glad he's home! (And headed to BYU which is going to be awesome because he'll be so close. 

Welcome home Jaker-Baker!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a wonderful homecoming!!!