It was my birthday this week, and although I know I don't have time enough to write all that I want to about the day/week - I did want to record a few things.
We all know that I love birthdays. I think they are fun and I think they are special. And this birthday I certainly felt loved and special. Birthday donuts and a special pre-birthday date to Boondocks. Multiple friends who took me out to lunch, another who treated us to Ice Cream. Treats and gifts ranging from delicious Chocolate Mousee cake to a jar of pickles (I've been craving!) to facewash that I've been wanting but refusing to pay the price tag. A sweet friend even made an amazing birthday cake after stalking my pinterest board and realizing how much I love yellow/grey and ruffles. I can't believe how many thoughtful friends I have.
David was out of town for the week of my actual birthday so we spent several days in Morgan where I got to attend the wedding of a dear friend, Hayli Dickey. She and Ben Nelson were married on my actual birthday and it was a wonderful day. My mom watched my kids so I could go do wedding things pretty much all day and it was so nice. (I did her invitations and it was so fun to see how beautifully they complimented the wedding.)
My dad thoughtfully had a birthday cake for me that night and let me blow out candles so I could get my birthday wish.
After David got home from his work trip, he planned the best birthday date ever. He took me to Porter's Place - a restaurant that I had wanted to try for a long time. It was everything I could have hoped it would be. It was just like the BlueBird in Logan but... seedier. Ha. Not in an uncomfortable way, just in a "wild west" way. They had a whole menu of fun non-alcoholic specialty drinks and some yummy food - add in the atmosphere and it made for the best birthday dinner.
Dinner was followed by some clothes shopping and the purchase of an incredible (and large) painting of the Savior to hang in our bedroom. The night ended with the hilarious play "See How they Run" at the Hale in Orem. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration.
My last year in my twenties - I'm going to live it up! It's already started out full of love and happiness and I'm so full of gratitude for the amazing people that surround me.




















No comments:
Post a Comment