If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Pre-Busy Season

We can feel the impending doom of Busy Season looming near, and so before it hits - we've done some fun things together to take advantage of being able to have David with us.

I'm being dramatic, in that I'm (Shantel) feeling better about the approaching busy season than I ever have before. The kids are at great ages. I'm feeling confident about our schedule. I don't have a million things (design-wise) hanging over my head like I have in previous years. But even all the confidence in the world doesn't mean that we're not going to miss this guy while he's working long hours this year.

A few highlights from our Pre-Busy Season shenanigans:

-Austin Date


 -Lydia Date
-




-Family Bike Ride
 


-Natural History Museum of Utah






David is such a good dad to these sweet kids, and I'm grateful that it's important to him to spend a little extra time with them now - because he knows that he won't be able to spend as much time with them over the coming months. We all love this dad of ours, and he always manages to make each one of us feel important and valued. 

I know that I'm grateful that I have him by my side through this journey we are on. He works so hard to provide for us, and sometimes that means that his job requires much more time and energy. But even though it's demanding, he always has enough time and energy to show me that he loves me and our family. 

Busy season isn't our favorite time, but in some ways it makes me all the more grateful for David. Even so, we're already looking forward to summer! 

No comments: