We hit up one of our favorite Fall traditions this last week and it was great as always. We try to go each year to see the Witches at Gardner Village with Melissa and Zachary. The weather this year was beautiful! (Last year it was so cold.) The only downside is that the only day we could get out schedules together was on the Witchfest Weekend. There were so many people. I brought the stroller instead of putting Caleb in the baby carrier because I thought he'd want to get down and walk around a bit, but it was a big mistake. I should have stuck with the carrier because it was difficult to navigate through all the crowds. But I guess there were some good things about it, too - because they had some fun little programs and things going on. Our favorite was a spell casting class where a witch came and taught the kids how to wave a wand and cast a spell. It was just cute and well done.
And of course, the cookie prize at the end was a highlight of the trip.
I appreciate having this established tradition because I enjoy the time we are able to spend with Melissa and Zachary. Melissa is such an example to me of faithful living and endurance. Even though her family has some very difficult things in their life, she's always kind and clearly does her best to look at things with the best attitude she can. She's a hero and I'm grateful for her example.











No comments:
Post a Comment