If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, January 21, 2022

Morgan Days

I almost put these pictures in our homeschool wrap-up because when you homeschool anything is learning and every experience adds together to build a well-rounded human (which is ultimately the goal of our homeschool). But also, sometimes you just have awesome grandparents that love you and do neat things with you and that's amazing in it's own right. 

We spend a couple of days in Morgan and it was filled with book reading with grandma and projects with grandpa. My dad got a set of leatherworking tools and he and Austin spent a good deal of time working on some simple leather projects. 



The kids begged him to pull out his old rockets, so they went to the park and shot off rockets - which was thrilling for them all. 


And here's the best story. Lydia got it into her head that she wanted to go fishing. She asked grandpa if he would take her in the morning, knowing that he had a busy day the following day. He said teasingingly "If you get up at 3:00 in the morning and come wake me up, I'll take you fishing." We all laughed and saw his statement for what it was - an impossible scenario that prevented him from having to say "no" while still saying "no". Which is what it was until 2:45 in the morning when Lydia woke me up in the basement saying that she was going to go and wake grandpa up to take her fishing. I was so tired, but tried to explain to her that she couldn't actually go wake grandpa up. I ended up trying to soothe her while she cried while staying firm that she couldn't go wake grandpa up. After an hour, she realized she was past her window and she finally fell asleep. When I told my dad the next morning, he immediately pulled out his fishing gear and took that sweet girl fishing in the little river by the park in Morgan. They didn't catch anything, but Lydia had the time of her life. And my dad got a gold star for holding up his end of the bargain. 

I haven't written much about this, but my grandma is now living with my parents. After Grandpa Knowles passed away, they sold Grandma's house and now she's in Morgan full-time. Its been an adjustment for all of them but we LOVE having Grandma Knowles there whenever we go visit. I love that I get to spend more time with her and I love that my kids know her and love her. 





Yay for days in Morgan! 

No comments: