If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

April Homeschool

Here are a few highlights from our April Homeschool: 

-Lydia decided she wanted to make a pancake machine and she figured out how to make one out of an old water bottle, some craft sticks, and some rubber bands. It was awesome. 


-Lydia and Austin participated in the W.H.E.N. Book Battle, which was Harry-Potter-themed and was SO fun. They were assigned teams, answered questions about books, and then used wands to transport balloons into their team's quidditch goalpost. David was able to take off of work to volunteer to help at the book battle and overall it was a great experience for our family. 









Austin has been doing great at his piano. We've been waking up early to practice and that's been a good strategy for us. 



Lydia really loves her crochet class at Coop. 


This winter has been so cold and snowy and being able to squeeze in a few bike rides has been SO great. 



Lydia’s RISE test. For whatever reason, I have major sentimental feelings about this day each year. It’s a mile marker that reminds me how big Lydia is getting and fills my heart with pride with how much she has learned over the past year. I don’t put too much stock in these standardized tests, and basically just teach what we want to learn and do a 2 day refresh on how to take a test beforehand, then let the score land where it may. But I think it’s a good experience for her and I’m grateful for the educational support we have through our affiliated programs.
.
.
I love her homemade bag bursting with books and crochet supplies and a little handwritten note filled with luck and love. I love her oversized cardigan and her two French braids.
.
.
And I love that I get to spend my days with her instead of having her gone for this many hours every day.





Yep, Lucy still loving her Music Class. 


Caleb on a Zoom speech consultation, Austin doing his Speech class. Grateful for technology in our homeschool routine. 

Yep, Lydia again looking so grown up and capable! She participated in a "BizTown" group, which met together to learn financial & entrepreneurial skills and then went to a statewide BizTown gathering. It was a great experience for her. 



I don't know why I put this in my homeschool blog post - but I do a lot of cooking/baking and one of the best parts of homeschool is how involved my kids get to be in that. They make pancakes like professionals and always like to help make a new recipe. We've been enjoying these dutch pancakes lately and I love this candid picture of Lucy helping me make them. 



A field trip hike to Jungle Trail




It's starting to get WARM! Lydia's Primary Activity group did a "Chalk the Walk" activity and the girls all got to design and implement their own artwork on a sidewalk panel. A couple of days later the kids asked if they could use chalk on the Farnsley-Becker's driveway. We love the Farnsley-Beckers and how kind they are to our gaggle of children who love their driveway. 



The weather is warming and our homeschool is loving it!

No comments: