If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, November 16, 2024

Shantel November

A few Shantel highlights from November: 


-Hike to "Twin Peaks via Terrace Hills (Twin Peaks Trail) with my amazing group of hiking homeschool moms. It's not an official group or anything, just a group of long-legged women who love being outside and make opportunities to hike together. I have short little legs, but I'm so grateful to be included in the group anyway. 

While on this hike, we discussed the power that comes from understanding our priesthood covenants and how we can prepare our children to go to the temple, be ordained to priesthood offices, access personal revelation and revelation in their callings. It was just really, really beautiful. We also saw the grossest bug I've ever seen in my life (I took a picture but did not load it here, ha.) So grateful for these incredible women and also for David who encouraged me to go hiking while he took care of things at home. 




-My beautiful neighbor Robin invited us to her Senior Recital. Lydia and I went to watch her and I was just so in awe of Robin; in awe of her talent and her determination. I started crying when she sang one of the songs that she submitted with her application to the University of Utah Music program 2 years ago. I had gone to her house to film her and help her put together the video portion of the application and helped her submit it. It just felt to beautifully full circle to have her sing that same song at her Senior Recital. She has worked so hard and it's been inspirational to watch her go back to school and accomplish so much. 



My sweet friend Bethany decided to sew some aprons during a couple of coop days before I went downstairs to teach sewing lessons (Middle School Coop is held at her house). We had such a fun time and they turned out so cute. This is what I think - you make friends by spending time with people, and everytime I spend any amount of time with Bethany, I am more grateful for her friendship! 

No comments: