We set up Christmas a little early this year because of our planned trip to Colorado for Thanksgiving and because Thanksgiving was so late this year! (Nov 28!) We decorated the Sunday before we left and it was so fun to come home from our Colorado trip to our house already decked out and feeling like Christmas!
I love the day we start decorating for Christmas. The Christmas music playing from the Google Speaker (and David trying to help the algorithms understand what kind of Christmas we like), the kids wearing santa hats and running around. Pulling out decorations that we inherited from Grandma McAllister and from Sue. The handmade ornaments from each of the kids over the year. The glow and the excitement and just ... all of it.
This year, we made a timelapse video of us setting up our tree - So I have very few actual pictures! I took a few screenshots, but maybe the blurriness adds to the effect, ha.
Lucy doing the honors and putting the star on top of the tree.


I also tried to screen shot the video of this, but I couldn't get any good shots - but this year, after we were done setting up the tree David and I were sitting on the couch because the kids said they wanted to show us something. We were expecting some sort of Chrsitmas song performance - so I pulled my phone out to record and instead they came running in with cotton snowballs to attack us. We were laughing and throwing snowballs and it was just so perfect and lovely and I hope that my kids grow up with beautiful memories of Christmas at our home.




No comments:
Post a Comment