If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Awesome DIY Chairs

Okay. You can not possibly believe how excited I am about this. I absolutely love Do-It-Yourself projects. Also, I have really gotten into refurbishing things and re-using old things to make new even better things! This is one of my latest projects.


David and I found two of these chairs at the DI for $8. They were in great condition except for the seats (which are worn out and very dirty).

Picture 1- So you can see how great the back of the chair is.


Picture 2 - a full shot of the chair (for effect)


Picture 3- Close up of the chair seat so you can see how gross it was.


David and I went and bought new fabric, and with the help of my darling Father (thanks Dad!) we re-covered the seats! The chairs look brand new. We absolutely love them. You couldn't buy chairs like these at RC Willey for less than $40 a piece, or even WalMart for less than $25!

The two chairs, side by side. The lighting is a little funny, but they really do look great!

Here is a closeup of the fabric. It is a light green/cream fabric. It looks so great!


ps. Keep an eye out for my next DIY project! I am almost done and am tempted to post my progress, but it is a present for Davids sister Wendy and her husband Sam. I am REALLY excited about it, but can't post anything until AFTER they see it. No sense in spoiling their surprise just because I am a tab bit impatient. I am sure you will all LOVE it though! I know I do.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Smart thinking since I Wendy have just read your blog today! I love the chairs though. See you saturday!

Aaron & Judy said...

6:54 A.M.!!! What are you on???!!!!!! :)