This last weekend was a crazy weekend for David and I. I feel like we drove all over the northern part of Utah, multiple times. Which is probably because... we did. I had a teaching conference in Tooele, so we drove from Logan to Tooele, then from Tooele to WJ to spend the night, then I went back to Tooele in the morning for my conference, then BACK to WJ. Then we went to Sam and Wendy's new house (which is about a half hour drive from the Peaden house) to watch the BYU game and have a Big Party to celebrate their new house. Then we drove back to WJ, then we drove to Mountain Green for Hayli's farewell (that we missed because we thought it started two hours after it actually started), then we drove to Morgan, then back to Logan. Then to top it off, yesterday (Monday) I drove to Ogden to take a pre-test for the Praxis, then to Mountain Green, then back to Ogden, then back to Mountain Green then back to Logan. I realize you all don't really care about where I was driving and how many times I drove there... But I am hoping for some sympathy about how much driving I had to do this weekend! Whew.
Now on the the Big Party with the family! The football game was a bummer, so i'm not even going to talk about that. But on a happier note here are some pictures that leave a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. :)
Here is the fam playing games. Pretend like I am sitting on that vacant spot of carpet right in the middle of the picture. We had 7 people, which isn't enough people to play two-four player games, and is too many to play one six player game. So what did we do? Bruce played BOTH games. He was playing a game of Canasta with David, Sam and I.... and a game of Ticket to Ride with Wendy, Amy and Jeff. It was hilarious. Only Bruce would have been able to pull it off! He is so smart, and so good at both games. I think that it actually put us all on a level playing field, which was nice. :)
Here is another shot of the Ticket to Ride Game.
Isn't he adorable? I love this boy so much. If you look close you can see his poor eye though. I found out later that he was only wearing one contact the whole time because his other contact was bothering him! Crazy boy!
I did not take these pictures, because as you can see... I am asleep. David and Amy conspired against me and took these pictures after I had fallen asleep on Davids shoulder. I was tired! It had been a long day and it was late. The only reason I put these pictures on here was so you would know what a wonderful husband David is to let me fall asleep on his shoulder while the Ticket to Ride game was finishing up. And ALSO so you would know what I have to deal with. David and Amy are quite the conspirators! They come up with all sorts of tricky things and put their plans into action without giving you the chance to object. (Just kidding, I love you Ames!)
ps. Wendy- we decided to pretend like we didn't ACTUALLY have the first party at your new house (Seeing how it is tainted by the BYU loss and Sue couldn't be there etc...) So we are going to have to have another "Big Party" there soon to make up for it!
3 comments:
Wow! I absolutely LOVE those jerseys you had made =) So cute! I might have to copy that idea and get one for me and my hubby too!
You and David are the cutest couple! We should definitely get together sometime for a double date. Let us know when you are ever down in Provo. We would LOVE to see you both!
David and I only conspire against those we love!
Awww, the jerseys are fabulous!
Post a Comment