If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Graduate School

I don't know why I haven't already posted about this... because it is a MAJOR event in our lives. Here goes:

David will graduate with his Bachelors Degree in Accounting and Economics this December. This means that he is (we are) off to the big, exciting new world of Graduate school! We have been trying to decide where the best place is for David to do his Masters Program. There were hundreds of factors that went into our decision. David and I would start talking about our options and an hour later we would realize that within the last hour we had gone through 80 different options/things to take into consideration without being ANY closer to a decision. (This would usually result in both of us starting to laugh, sometimes uncontrollably.)

We finally narrowed down our choices to Utah State, University of Oklahoma and Oregon State (right love? I always get the "University" and "State" part confused. There were a lot of things to consider and Pro's and Con's to all three of the choices... but we finally made our decision!

David will be attending Graduate School at the one and only:

UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY
We love it here so much, and we are so happy to be spending another year here. David will start his Masters Program in January and he will graduate with his Masters or Accounting next December (it is only a one year program... which is great). There are a lot of factors that played into this decision, and we are really excited about it. Because we will be staying here in Logan, that means that I will be doing my student teaching at South Cache Middle School!
Whoo hoo! I am so excited. My beloved Adviser/Teacher here at Utah State , Julie Wheeler, said that my cooperating teacher is one of the best around! (Technically I haven't been placed yet, but this is where Julie told me she is trying to place me.)

Good things are happening for David and I. We are excited to be spending the next year close to all of you whom we know and love. If David decides to pursue his PHD, who knows where we will end up!

No comments: