If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hidden Valley Ranch.


David and I love ranch. Hidden Valley Ranch to be specific. No other ranch will suffice. Simply put, Hidden Valley Ranch tastes the way ranch is supposed to taste. 
  
Many of you know this, most of you however, don't understand the extent of our devotion. We eat ranch with most everything: veggies, pizza, spaghetti, salad, chicken, macaroni noodles, you name it. Needless to say, we go through ranch at a fairly rapid rate. Before we even got married, we started buying all of our food together. After going through an entire bottle of ranch in a shockingly small amount of time, we decided to set a life goal together.  Someday we will have our own hidden valley ranch commercial. 
Sounds far fetched? Give me a break. You remember Jared right? And now Christine with her "drive-thru diet." 

 

Why shouldn't David and I someday become the spokespeople for Hidden Valley? 
So what did we do? We have started numbering each bottle of ranch that we buy at the store. I regret to inform you that we did not get any pictures with the first five bottles, but I can guarantee that they were numbered! Our eventual goal is to contact Hidden Valley with hundreds of pictures of us using their product throughout our lives together in hopes that they won't be able to say no to giving us our own commercial. Just picture it "Music playing in the background. Thousands around the nation buy Hidden Valley Ranch every day because they and their families can taste the difference, but one family would accept no substitute for the very best ranch around... and they documented their dedication to Hidden Valley through the last 50 years they have spent together. Flip to a shot of David and Shantel. David says, "Before we even got married we vowed to never buy a brand of ranch that wasn't hidden valley. It was part of my promise to give Shantel the absolute best that she deserves.(Or something really cheesy like that.)

Okay, Okay, I'll spare you the rest of what will someday be an award winning advertising campaign. Maybe we will even get a spot during the super bowl!  
Here are some pictures of us with our beloved ranch bottles.


And then of course from our "European Adventure" (we are trying to capture our Hidden Valley Ranch in context.)

Please try not to be disgusted at how much ranch we consume. Just be impressed with our foresight. This is our brilliant get-rich-quick scheme (minus the quick part). But if we are going to be eating the ranch anyway... we may as well document it and then try to get paid for it later! (At the very least, we may end up in the Guinness Book of World Records!) 

8 comments:

David said...

Dear Shantel,

This was a much needed an ingenious post. Now when people come to our house and see the numbers on our ranch we can simply refer them to our blog for the full story. I love you a lot!

Mindy said...

You guys are crazy, but you're fun! I hope ya'll go running together or something to work off all that ranch! :)

Cami said...

Ha ha ha ha. Lol. Great idea - when you become rich and famous, remember me! :) jk

Wendy said...

I love BYU ranch. I believe it is the best in the world. BYU ranch would be much more inconvenient for you to get on a regular basis and I doubt BYU will be getting a spokesperson for their ranch. This would make the get rich scheme not as good. So, I would stick with the Hidden Valley. But, because I love you so much, I will bring you some BYU ranch. And, for the validation part, you are the best sister in law I could ever ask for! Have a great day!

Wendy said...

Okay Shantel. How come when I post on my blog it doesn't always format it the way I type it. I will leave a space in between paragraphs or double space something but when it posts it takes those spaces out? What should I do? I need your computer blogging genius to help me fix this problem. Perplexed and frustrated, Wendy

Abby said...

haha wow that is too funny! You guys are so awesome. I love Hidden Valley Ranch as well....Logan just buys whatever is cheapest but seriously I can taste the difference and now I know you guys are on the same page as me! Hidden Valley Ranch is the BEST!!

Good luck on the commercial idea--it sounds fantastic! And, if you guys get it, we'll be thrilled because we can tell people we know you guys since you'll be famous! Awesome!

Amy said...

Okay, so I've told you before, but since you are in serious need of validation still I'll say it again. I love reading your posts! They entertain me. :)

nataliekaye said...

Love it! I saw the first Hidden Valley bottles of ranch you two bought!! :) Yes!