If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Underprepared....

I know that I shouldn't be wasting my time writing this blog. But I am in desperate need of something to relieve my boredom. Unfortunately, no one has updated their Facebook in the last 10 minutes and I have already stalked all 100 blogs (personal, crafty, food, photo... you name the blog.. i've read it in the last 3 hours) that I have on my blog roll.

A waste of time? No! I have found inspiration, laughter, love, hope, and happiness.

I now have 5 dinner ideas I'm desperate to try out. I have three baby shower gift ideas that I think will turn out fabulously.

Have I written any lesson plans? Yes! (Three of them.) Did I write ALL of the lesson plans that I planned on writing/need to write tonight? No. Not even close.

I am really struggling with being prepared. I got stuck when I was starting the Dairy Unit with the Foods I class, and haven't been able to catch up. Class is going well... and I have been blessed enough to be able to pull everything off without feeling like an idiot. But I feel like I am constantly under prepared until right before class is starting, and then I can pull it all together.

However, like I said... my student teaching experience is going really well. I am learning a lot, and LOVE being up in front of the class.  At first it really weirded me out to have the students call me Mrs. Peaden. But now I LOVE it. "Mrs. Peaden? Are we cooking today?  Mrs. Peaden? Jason is touching me. Mrs. Peaden, Mrs. Peaden, Mrs. Peaden!" I LOVE it. It makes me so happy and I love telling all the little eighth grade girls about my dashing and wonderful husband. You would think that our love story was the cutest chick flick that they had ever seen. It's so fun!

I realize that I should be doing lesson plans instead of writing this blog right now, but I have declared myself finished for the night, and now have 15 minutes to get ready for bed before lights out.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Shantel- if you feel that you are constantly unprepared for your classes, then you are in a very cool group of people called TEACHERS. Esp. during your student teaching and first year. It's normal :) And it gets better...at least that is what I hope and pray :)

Happy to hear that things are going so great for you!

Ashley said...

The first paragraph literally made me laugh out loud. It sounds EXACTLY like something I would say and then Scott would make fun of me for. :)

Ashley said...

The first paragraph literally made me laugh out loud. It sounds EXACTLY like something I would say and then Scott would make fun of me for. :)