*sigh*
Have I told you how much I love Halloween?
I really really love Halloween.
In fact, I am tempted to put one of these Halloween countdowns on my blog. Only 364 more days!
For Halloween this year, David and I dressed up as MAC and PC. It was brilliant.
(Thanks to Rebecca for the fantastic idea!)
For those who haven't seen the "I'm a MAC/I'm a PC" commercials... please watch these now:
Really. Watch all of them. They get funnier as you go along.
We were able to pull off all sorts of great quotes from the commercials throughout from the night. We would hold hands and tell people that we were "communicating." David had a great time showing people his Family Vacation Pie Chart. He even had a meltdown when I told him that I have been running Microsoft Office for years.
It was fun.
Here are a few more pictures:
Please excuse the fact that I look homeless. I was going for "chill".
Here are some other things that I loved this Halloween:
Our Awesome Pumpkin
(Now do you get it? I'm a MAC, I'm a PC?)
Getting to hold my cute niece, Olivia.
Posing for the camera with Avarie and Olivia, our nieces from Las Vegas. They were so cute! Avarie was a witch and Olivia was her black cat. I love it.
Making cute Halloween treats.
Tell me that you don't adore these cupcakes.
You can't do it, can you? I know. The cutest owl cupcakes you have ever seen!
Decorating for a Halloween/Welcome home party with my friend Megan.
Megan and Kyle. Kyle has been gone in the military for about 8 months. It was so great to see him and Megan is SO excited to have him home.
Also, here are a few pictures of our apartment. We didn't actually get out our Halloween decorations because we were just so busy that we didn't have any time. However, I still found a few ways to dress up our apartment for the holiday!
The wreath on our front door.
Our Front Door. At night. Because that is what time it was when I started writing this blog and I realized that I didn't have any pictures of our Halloween decorations. Bear with me.
Our porch. Isn't it cute? I'm going to miss it!
A cute little printable that I stuck in a picture frame by our TV.
This is the adorable Halloween sign that my sweet sisters-in-law, Amy and Wendy, made for me for my birthday. I LOVE IT! They know how much I love Halloween and they got together to put this together for me. It was the perfect size to fit on our little coffee table, and it looked really cool with a layer of black tulle underneath.
I wanted you to be able to see the black candles and this spell book that were sitting behind the halloween sign. Those candles are actually red. I bought them last year for Halloween and never got around to spray painting them until this Halloween. Maybe next year I will get around to burning them so that the red wax drips down the black paint. Baby steps.
This is "The Crafty Witch's Enchanted Book of Spells, Potions, and Everything Magical."
I love it.
I hope that you all had a Happy Halloween! Remember only 364 more days!
6 comments:
We all read your blog for FHE and loved it! You are so amazing!
Love you!
Awesome! Really funny. We laughed our heads off. I'm the PC and Sam's the Mac. Although I'd like to be a Mac because they really are cool. Maybe someday?
Cute stuff! I've never been into Halloween/decorating for it as much but your apartment looks great! (I love fall stuff though!) As for Nate and Kylee, I like to pretend that they met because of me. Which they didn't at all. I moved to Kaysville and into Kylee's ward but still stayed friends with all my Layton friends which included Nate. They met at EFY and discovered they both knew me and that's about all I had to do with anything. :) They are some of the greatest people around!
your costumes are cute, my friend! I'm happy to know another Halloween lover, I've heard a lot of grumbling this year! It's all supposed to be fun!
Very clever Halloween Costumes. I'm excited to watch the videos. We love you guys and can't wait to see you again. Also, we are excited to see where you guys will be in January.
What a fun time you guys had!!!
Very fun costumes :) And I DO adore those cupcakes owls!!! Mmmm, you are really good at making treats Shantel! (I've been meaning to tell you, the ones you brought over to me were DELICIOUS :) Anyway, glad you had such a good time!
Also, about the clothes I'm getting rid of.... they are in a pile and I'd already told my sister and sisters-in-law they can look through them. But I LOVE that you asked me and you are more than welcome to if there is anything left! I'll let you know if there is okay :)
Post a Comment