If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

{Update}

1. Our Thanksgiving was wonderful. Lots of food with the Walker family on Wednesday. Lots of food with the Peaden family on Thursday.  Lets be honest... lots of food everywhere for the last week.

2. After looking at hundreds of apartments (okay, maybe 25-30 apartments) we finally found the perfect place for us to live. It's right off of I-15 in Lehi and it has an open floor plan, radiant floor heating, lots of storage, and a jetted tub! It was a tad bit more money than we wanted to spend, but still within our budget so we are super happy.

3. We officially only have three weeks left in Logan. (So sad!)

4. We officially only have three weeks until we move to Lehi. (So excited!)

5. I made a Spinach Artichoke dip for Thanksgiving and it was delicious. I may eat it everyday for the rest of my life.

6. I played hide-and-seek with my nephews for over two hours this morning. At one point, we lost Nathan in the storage room and couldn't find him. The food storage ate him. My 4-year old nephew, Jacob,  would search and search and then calmly announce "Haha-found you" everytime he found anyone. I'll probably try to get them to play with me again later tonight.

7. When I asked Jacob how old he is so I could post it for #6 - he told me that he was six years old. I looked to his mom who gave me his correct age - 4. Apparently, he tells everyone that he is six.

8. My little sister, Melissa, got accepted to Utah State! David and I have been working hard to convince her to go to USU next year, and I think we have finally succeeded. Also, when USU sent the acceptance letter they included a finish-line ribbon for her to run through to celebrate her victory. I think that's cool.


9. I am currently wearing a BYU shirt. It's a way to show my support to the Peadens during today's football game. Go Cougars.

10. I am still a true-blue Aggie fan.

11. Tuesday was my Mom's birthday. I love her so much and I am so grateful for her love and support. We celebrated by decorating the house in pink and green streamers and eating a "Melissa Special" from Deb's Spicy Pie.

12. Today is Jeff's birthday. (My brother-in-law.)  We are celebrating by playing hide-and-seek, watching football ALL day, and eating cheesecake tonight. Happy Birthday Jeff!

13. Zupas Chicken Tortilla soup is delicious. We ate there last night to celebrate finding an apartment.

14. Business for Red Ladder Design has been booming.

15. David and I have been blessed in so many ways. We are grateful for our family, friends, religion, education, jobs, food, and each other. We have spent this week enjoying all of those things and being thankful for all of our blessings.

4 comments:

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Shantel!! I am so happy you moved to Lehi!! We need to have you guys over and welcome you to the city. :) Yay!!

Mindy said...

You've been a busy gal! Congrats on finding an apartment! I hope you like Lehi! Maybe I'll be running into you some time! Good luck with the move! I hope you enjoy this new chapter of your lives!

Emo said...

Shatel Where are you moving in Lehi? That is where my parents live. :) Good luck leaving Logan... It seriously was one of the hardest things I did... but you can do it girl!

Jeslyn Sorensen said...

So many fun updates!! I love love love spinach artichoke dip...it's pretty amazing :) It's awesome that you guys finally found an apartment and it sounds like you love it! Glad you guys are doing well.