If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

{christmas cards}

David and I just finished up our Christmas cards and I am seriously in love with them.

No, really.

I love everything about them, but especially the envelope presentation. I realize that is a little odd, but I love it. You see, I had this vision of how I wanted them to turn out and they exceeded my expectations. You always take a risk when trying something like this, because sometimes things don't look half as good in reality as they do in the imagination - but these? These knocked my vision out of the water!

Here they are in all their festive red and green glory:
This is the front and back of the 4x9 envelopes. The top/front has the address and the bottom/back has our return address. I love this "envelope wrap" idea, and have wanted to do this on wedding announcements for a really long time. Our Christmas Cards were the perfect opportunity! 
 A closer look:
The front.

The back. Look, our return address is now Lehi!

This is what the labels looked like before we put them on the envelopes.
Oh, you wanted to see what the Christmas Cards actually looked like? 



(Click on them for larger images if you would like.)


Also, see my Christmas tree list on the post below. I realize that posting so close together means that many people will miss that post... but I may or may not be able to handle the music that automatically plays from this post when I open my blog. I just need one more post before it goes away.

2 comments:

kenzis said...

I LOVE the label wrap idea! Going on my wedding announcements :-)

Unknown said...

Shantel, I love your Christmas Cards!!! You are so creative...what font did you use? Where can I find it! It is very cute and classy! Good luck with your move! We are all going to miss you up here!