If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Boo....

Last night was the first night that David had to stay late for work. I realize that working late comes with the job but all I have to say is...

Booo!

I don't know how I am going to deal with this. Luckily, I was able to hang out with an old friend yesterday afternoon. (The wonderful Cassie Maughan, who has been on her mission for the past 18 months, and I were able to catch up and go out to eat together.) I hung out with her for three hours, and STILL had to wait for a significant amount of time for David to get home. It was so sad. David got home around seven - which isn't actually that bad - but I felt like I was going to be lonely forever. He said that he could have stayed later but that he figured that he needed to work me into this new schedule gradually.

Boo.

What am I going to do?

7 comments:

Abby said...

Oh so sad! You can always hang out with me too! Logan works until 7pm every weeknight, so I totally understand where you are coming from. I have lots of down time after I get off work, so just let me know if you ever want to get together:) I hope your interview went well. I agree; working for Alpine is great!

Melissa said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's not easy but it will get easier. I know it's not what you want to hear. It's tough being by yourself waiting for your husband to get home. Think of it as time to yourself. You can craft, work on Red Ladder Design stuff, or my personal favorite make dinner for David. Have it hot and ready for him when he gets home. (Check out my blog for ideas.)
If you ever need someone to talk to you can always call me. I'm a lonely wife too. Love ya Sis!!!

The Stevens Family said...

K- I was so confused about the title "Boo" for this post. i thought you scared David or something..lol! So, first that is really hard to not have a husband. I've been there (pest control selling with J.D.'s bro Chet) SO>> so make the time pass, I would do fun things for J.D. when he got home. Treasure hunts..and the treasure was some kind of goody like chocolate strawberries, fondue night...etc. We would play fun games too and I would set it all up while he was gone.

Second..maybe one night you should really scare him when he gets home and record it...lol!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Pete gets home late everynight, so you should come over and play with Adaliah and I!

Wendy said...

You can always come hang out with us. We've got homework and chores and toys and playing and all sorts of stuff going on here. Plus, we also have the internet! We may not be as cute as David, but I'm sure we're as close as you can get!

Amy said...

And if Wendy's doesn't sound fun enough there's always me! I'm only a hop, skip and a jump away!

Jessica said...

I know what you can do! You can come visit me! ;)