If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

{the girl}

David wanted to join in on {the wedding series} fun and so the following post is written him. I realize that this may not be the most interesting for you - but it is fun for us... so bear with it.

-----
{the girl}

Full Name: Shantel Elise (Walker) Peaden
Birthday: September 15, 1987
Height: 5' 4"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Favorite Color: Red (or recently yellow and gray)
Age on our first date:20
Age when we got married: 21

Shantel grew in Ephraim, Utah, until her senior year of High school when her family moved to Morgan, Utah. She loved growing up in Ephraim because most of her favorite childhood memories come from the Manti Pageant. She loved being a part of the pageant. Those experiences helped shape her testimony and love for the gospel. We met in institute and so the 2nd thing I noticed about her (the first being how beautiful she is) was that she has a strong testimony in the gospel and a love for the Savior.
 
When I met Shantel she was majoring in Family and Consumer Science Education (FACS). She had seriously considered majoring in Interior design or business, FACS let her combine many of her loves: sewing, cooking, interior design and even business (FACS is in charge of teaching Financial Literacy). Most of our first few months dating were spent in the library studying. That only made me grow to love Shantel more. I loved her dedication to learning and her intelligence. She also knew how to make me laugh and feel so happy.

Shantel loves:
Sewing: Shantel loves to make things. Last summer we decided our front room needed a new look and so she bought some fabric and made beautiful curtains. Yesterday Shantel decided she needed some new shorts, so she pulled a pair of Jeans out of the drawer that she does not wear much, cut off the legs and sewed them up. Shantel’s favorite thing to sew is Aprons. There is nothing so wonderful as to see Shantel’s beautiful smile as she shows off her latest sewing project.
Water Skiing and swimming: Shantel loves to water ski. She likes to be outside in the sun. Most especially she loves to be with her family. She also loves swimming.
Games: Shantel really enjoys playing games. She will always tell you, “I am not competitive.” However, this is not true, Shantel is very competitive, she just phrases it a little different. She always says, “I don’t care about winning, I just really really don’t like to lose.” Her favorite games are Speed, Nertz, Canasta, crossword puzzles and Facebook.
Interior Design: Her favorite thing to learn about is interior design. She loves to be able to name the specific design techniques and she loves to look at styles. Another thing about Shantel is that she likes to touch and feel things. Any time we walk through a store she just has her hands out so she can feel the different textures of everything.
Pasta: Her favorite thing to eat is Pasta. She likes it in all sorts of shapes and with many different sauces.
Shantel is a happy, cheerful person who makes everything more enjoyable. She is beautiful and smart and kind and I am lucky to have her. 


2 comments:

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

I LOVE YOU!!

Ashley said...

I love that last picture of little Shantel!