June 5, 2009 (exactly two years ago from today) I married my best friend, David Scott Peaden, in the Logan Temple for all eternity. In all honesty, these past two years have been the best and happiest of my whole life. I hear people say all the time "the first year is the hardest" or "if you are still that happy it's because you are still in the Honeymoon Stage, it will wear off." But I don't buy it. Married life is better than I could have ever expected and if the first couple years are the hardest - I can't wait to see what the next 80 years bring.
I thought about writing a blog post about David and how amazing he is. (Because, truth be told, he is the most amazing, kind, thoughtful, sincere, funny, spiritual, handsome, dedicated, motivated, and incredible person that i've ever met.) But I've done that many times before, like
here,
here, and
here.
(And you can read about what we did for our Anniversary last year, here.) Instead, I want to create a tribute to our wonderful marriage by posting some favorite pictures and stories from our engagement and wedding day.
David and I met in Fall of 2007, hung out for the first time on February 14, 2008, went on our first date on February 22nd (David just told me that day - he is amazing at remembering things like that), and
finally got engaged on March 6, 2009. Ours is a great big story full of romance, broken hearts, drama, and comedy. I typed it all up while we were engaged - maybe I will post it later this week.
 |
| Early in our dating time period. |
 |
| Late in our dating time period. |
 |
| Here we are... engaged! |
 |
| All of our engagement and wedding pictures were taken my Mindy of Mindy Black Photography. We can't talk her up enough, she was amazing as we LOVE all of our pictures. |
|
|
Here are our wedding announcements:
They were the first wedding announcements that I ever designed - and we loved them. We still love them, although I laugh a little bit about how much my style has changed as a graphic designer. But - nothing could have been better for us at the time.
Aren't they fun?
---
We were married on June 5, 2009, which was a Friday, and it was perfect. The weather cooperated beautifully. It was just overcast enough to provide perfect lighting for our pictures and save us from the heat of the sun, but it didn't rain at all.
 |
| As we exited the temple. |
 |
| We didn't want to let go of each other - which made for several awkward pictures of one-handed hugs. |
 |
| The temple ceremony was amazing - our sealer was wonderful and I am so grateful to know that I will always be with David. Eternity is something that is almost too big to comprehend, but that day in that little sealing room - I could see it and I knew that David could, too. It couldn't have been more perfect. |
 |
| Outside of the temple. |
We were so blessed to have so much love and support from our families and friends that day.
 |
| All of the amazing people who came to the temple with us. |
 |
| Davids family. |
 |
| My family. |
 |
| My dear friends/bridesmaids. |
 |
| This is one of my favorite pictures. |
 |
| Another favorite. |
 |
| Another favorite. |
Although there were a few snags in the wedding preparations. (Like having our centerpieces fall through a week before the wedding, and having 200 pink flowers delivered to our doorstep instead of orange roses two days before the wedding.) The day was absolutely perfect.
As perfect as our wedding day was, it really was just the start of something better. These past two years have been the best of my whole life! I've never been happier. (*This is where David told me that I had to include the fact that David loves me very much and is grateful to be married to me.*)
I love you David and am so grateful for all that you do for me. Happy 2nd Anniversary!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!! Isn't it fun to remember how wonderful your wedding was? I'm glad that I was able to make it up to Logan to be apart of your special day!
Happy Anniversary! Way to rub it in that the weather cooperated on your wedding day... oh well at least I have some funny pictures.
ps you look beautiful in all these pictures
Post a Comment