If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Vacation Time

Oh, how I love summer. However, there is one thing I love even more than summer and that is... 
VACATION!

David and I have been vacationing for the last several days and it has been wonderful. We headed down to Saint George last weekend and spent several days enjoying the sun, the pool, and the many Saint George  attractions. We loved watching the fireworks on Monday night at the park next to the temple, loved meeting up with my cousins for lunch, and loved being able to just hang out and not have to worry about going anywhere or doing anything. I loved it. 

Unfortunately, I was a lame-o and didn't take many pictures. I didn't take pictures of the Tabernacle tour we went on, or of the 4th of July festivities/fair we went to, or all of the bridesmaid dresses that I tried on (trying to find the perfect one for my little sisters wedding.) Here are the pictures we did take:

Waiting for the sun to go down so the fireworks could start. 
The beautiful Saint George Temple on the Fourth of July. 
This is the pool where we spent much of our time. 
We were able to attend a session at the Saint George Temple. I absolutely love being inside the old pioneer temples. They are beautiful and special in a very unique way. I love the Manti Temple, the Logan Temple, the Salt Lake Temple, and now the Saint George Temple.
We went to the Visitor Center and learned all sorts of amazing things about the construction of the Saint George Temple. My favorite thing I learned is that the temple is actually made out of red sandstone with a covering of white plaster. They repaint it every several years and powerwash it every couple of weeks. It's amazing how white they can keep it amidst all the red dirt down there.
I want everyone to note how long my hair is. It's reeeeally long. Longer than my little sister Jenna's for sure.
My hair? Still long in this picture. Yes.
We went also went to a ghost town called "Silver Reef." It was awesome.
We got a bit more than we bargained for in our self proclaimed "He-be-saying" (not historian.) But the tour was fun, and it's crazy to think about all of the people that used to live in the largest town in Southern Utah that now is completely deserted. 

It was so nice to be able to take a break from life. Fortunately for me, even though we are back in Lehi - we still have a couple more days of vacation time. Last night we pulled our mattress into our front room and we have been watching Netflix pretty much non-stop today.    

We live such a good life!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like you guys had a great vacation! I love St. George too. We went there often to visit Logan's grandparents. I'm glad you guys had such a fun time - I loved the pictures you took!

Also, I love how you guys pulled your mattress into the living room - we do that too! Sometimes forgetting to put it back in our bedroom after three or four days :)

Enjoy the rest of the summer!!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute! I love your long hair. And the fact you got to enjoy so much of your vacation :) You two deserve it.

Ashley said...

How fun!