In honor of Valentines day this year, I decided to pick back up where I left off on this
{wedding series post} and blog once again about the happiest and most romantic day of my life. Maybe I will finish this series before our baby girl arrives in May. Sound like a good goal? I think yes.
I don't remember exactly how we came up with our colors, but it seems like David reminded me that his favorite color was Aggie blue - and then I decided that I loved the way Tangerine-orange looks next to Navy. Neither of us was really concerned about the colors as much as we just wanted things to look nice and elegant. I think that it turned out perfectly! The colors matched our personalities perfectly. Very elegant, but fun at the same time. Although, I will never forget my mothers reaction when I told her what colors we wanted. She said "Oh great, Aggie basketball colors. We can just ask the Aggie basketball team to come and stand around and we can put basketballs as the centerpieces." (She wasn't very happy.) However, David was thrilled. He said something to the effect of "Thats great! I can't believe we didn't think about that. I'm sure I could make a few phone calls and call in a few favors - I'm sure we could make it happen." Haha. That boy. Really though, the way we implemented the Tangerine and Navy turned out perfectly. (And, even if we did have an Aggie A on top of our cake - it definitely didn't look like the Aggie Basketball team in there.) Here are some pictures:
 |
| My bouquet - The flowers look a little yellow here, but they were orange and beautiful. (Which was a huge blessing, considering that two days before the wedding we ended up with around 300 pink/peach flowers and not an orange rose in sight. Yes, our colors almost changed to pink and blue that day - however, we were being looked over and Macy's in Logan pulled through for all of our beautiful orange wedding flowers.) |
 |
| David's boutonniere, blue tie/vest, and I just really think that we look happy here. |
 |
| A wide shot of the reception. |
 |
| Our awesome photobooth guest book. |
 |
| Details: Napkins |
 |
| Details: Orange Water |
 |
| Details: Orange Rose, Blue Tablecloth, Rings (I couldn't resist) |
 |
| This is one of those pictures that I really, really love but rarely post. And it has the colors - so here you go. Aren't we darling? |
To conclude, our Aggie Blue and Tangerine wedding was amazing. I think it was beautiful and perfect for us. I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing man and enjoy looking back at the details from our wedding day. Happy Valentines Day to all. May you be as lucky in love as I am.
4 comments:
love the colors! I like orange and blue and I'm not even an aggie. haha!
I loved your wedding colors!! They were beautiful and truly unique.
Elegant and fun - absolutely! Good choice :)
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Your mom's reaction to your colors literally made me laugh out loud. Hilarous. The colors look beautiful together - and I love your bouquet!
Post a Comment