If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Project

Happy Saturday blog-land! My day was spent with some good relax/one-on-one time with my David. However, he had to do some work this afternoon - so while he was "accounting" away, I decided to work on a project that I have been really looking forward to! It was so nice just to be able to relax and do some sewing. I think that the nesting bug is settling in, and I have this desire to get things ready and fill our house with darling baby things.

Some background - David and I talked a lot about whether we wanted to get a crib, a bassinet, or a pack and play for our baby girl. We will be moving within a few short months of bringing baby girl home, and so we decided that rather than commit to a crib right now, we would just use a pack and play with a bassinet attachment. To make the decision even easier, my awesome sister-in-law, Wendy (and her wonderful husband, Sam) gave us their old pack and play. It is well kept and we are SO grateful for their generosity. However, my nesting urges convinced me (and in turn, David) that with just a little trip to the fabric store the pack and play could be transformed into a baby girl worthy bassinet. And so, without further ado - I give you my Saturday Project:

Cute, right? The flowers are green, blue, navy, and purple. We love the fabric (it's even better in person) and plan to add purple sheets and all purple accessories to girl it up a little more. I absolutely love the way that it turned out and I can't wait for our little girl to arrive. I realize that i've posted alot about baby girl lately - but I wanted to share my project. What do you think?

9 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my heck!!! I love it- it turned out so cute!!! You should put up a tutorial of you how did this. You'd never guess it was a pack n' play- really! Great job!

The Lyons' said...

It is VERY CUTE! Love it!

Anonymous said...

very impressive! that is so creative. what a good idea!

Abby said...

That is so darling! I love it. Good job!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Way Impressive! I love it!

big MAK said...

Incredible! I LOVE this! Nice work Shan I love the fabric too!

Amy said...

So cute! I agree with the comment that you would never know it was a pack-n-play!

janette said...

That is adorable! And I'm so impressed with your talents.

Ashley said...

Such a lovely transformation! Nice work!