I'm finally starting to really show that I am pregnant. Like to the point that people I don't know well feel comfortable asking me about my baby - because it is obvious that I am pregnant. It's a really interesting stage to be in. I'll be honest... I thought that I would be to this point much sooner than the six months that it has taken me. Don't get me wrong... I am not complaining! I am so grateful that this pregnancy has progressed the way that it has, because as long as my baby girl is still growing strong - I will take small and less un-comfortable any day. But as I was taking this week's photo - I thought that it might be fun to show a progression of my "baby bump" up to this point. I saw a friend do this when she was pregnant and fell in love with the idea - so every week we take a picture and then write a little letter to our baby. I haven't posted them all (because i'm sure that you don't want to read all 25 weeks worth of letters/pictures) - but I posted a few so you could see the fun progression.
One of my friends asked me if I was worried about committing to doing something like this for Baby #1 - because then I would have to do something similar for Baby #2 & #3 etc... But, I'm not really worried about it right now. I've loved having this little bonding experience with David and with my baby girl every week and cant wait to compile all of these little letters into a book for her. I'm sure that we will come up with something special for our other children... but this has been perfect for us now. Isn't it fun to see my "baby bump" grow? (Even though the last two look like they should be switched - they really aren't out of order. My clothes just make me look different.)
Have you seen any fun baby progression photos for either pregnancy or baby's first year? Do you have strong opinions on the subject? I'd love to hear them. I've loved this and would definitely recommend it!






7 comments:
Cute! I love the Young House Love weekly pics that they did with Clara. They change so much the first year it would be cool to have something like that.
Love this idea! I kind of did the same thing, but I didn't combine my baby bump pictures with the letters - maybe I'll go back and organize them together for Hudson's scrapbook. I also started doing a monthly progression once Hudson was born and I love looking back and seeing how much he's grown. They really do grow so fast!!
Anyway, you are looking so cute -as always! I can't wait to see pictures of that baby girl. She is going to be a doll!
Shan! This is so sweet! It made me tear up a bit just thinking about that little girl growing inside you. That must be such an amazing experience and you've captured it so well in these letters. She'll love being able to read these some day :)
I'm so happy for you!
I love this post! You look amazing in all of your pictures. Your baby girl is so lucky to get parents like you two. =)
AWWW you just look so darn cute!
Shantel - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! The letters are so adorable and your cute baby belly is adorable!
These letters are so beautiful! What a treasure to have!
Post a Comment