During June - David took a trip to Chicago for a training for his work. He had a lot of fun, even though we missed him a lot. Usually when he travels for work, he isn't able to do too much because they work really late hours. But, because this was a training they had their evenings free and were able to do some fun things. I've always wanted to go to Chicago - so I was a little jealous. Looking back on it... I don't know why Lydia and I didn't just go with him. We should have. I can just imagine the three of us standing in front of this beautiful river in the city. So amazing.
One of the first things that they did in Chicago was to visit the aquarium. It's one of the best in the US and they had a really great time.
I don't know what this big macaroni noodle is doing - but you have to admit. It's pretty cool. Especially because it is right in front of Wrigley Field. I don't know a true sports lover who wouldn't absolutely LOVE to go to Wrigley Field -and now David has checked it off his bucket list. When we were flying to Florida for our Honeymoon, we passed over Chicago in the middle of the night. David stayed up just so he could look down and see the stadium. I remember him telling me about how he wanted to go there someday. I'm so happy that he was able to go.
| I may have to photoshop this one so that it says "Cubs welcome David Peaden". Wouldn't that be cool? |
| These are stands in nearby buildings so that even more people can view the field. Neat. |
Another highlight of the trip was dinner at Giordano's.
You may ask... why Giordano's? And in reply I will give you this picture:
Yeah. A slice of pizza as large as your head. MMMMmmmmmm.
David had a great time in Chicago - and we are so glad he was able to go. (Even though we missed him like crazy.) David works so hard and it's nice that he has such a great job. We love HBM and are grateful for the opportunity that he has to work for them. (And go on awesome paid trainings to sweet places like Chicago!)
No comments:
Post a Comment