If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gettin' caught in the rain...

Lyd and I were feeling a little cooped up in the house today and I decided that we both needed some fresh air. I told her that we were going to go for a walk and then packed us up. (When you have a baby, even just going for a walk requires a thorough diaper bag check and fill up.) I bundled her up in her awesome carseat/stroller and we were off.

It was a beautiful day, a little cloudy but still warm. I was happy to be getting out of the house and Lydia seemed pleased to be outside. She was looking around, taking it all in. We decided to take a walk on the walking/bike path that is close to our house - and so I headed in that direction. I've seen this path a million times, but i've never actually used it before. I thought I remembered seeing a park from the road - so I figured we would just walk along the path and see what we found. Then if there was actually a park, we would set down a blanket and spend some time there. As we were walking it started to sprinkle a little. I was surprised because when we left the house I had noticed that it was cloudy, but it didn't look menacing. I was really into this excursion so I decided not to turn back. I kept walking for another 25 feet or so. Then, all of the sudden - the rain started to really come down! I did the only thing I could do - I sprinted for shelter. The path goes under I-15 and so we bolted to the underpass for some shelter.

I had to laugh at our adventure. And then I did what any self-respecting blogger would do.

I took a picture.


Lucky for me, I had an umbrella in the diaper bag (always be prepared, right?).


I pulled it out and kept walking for a little bit, venturing out from under the overpass - thinking that maybe the rain would let up by the time we made it to the park. But then I decided that I was being silly and that we should probably just head home. By the time we were walking back up to our apartment the rain was starting to let up. Our adventure lasted a whole 40 minutes.


Regardless of the rain, I had a great time with Lydia. It was nice to get out, if only for a minute - and fun to have made this memory with my little girl. Isn't she darling? I love that she will totally look at the camera now. I am lucky to have such a beautiful and well-behaved little baby. She took the adventure in stride - not complaining once. I think that fresh air did us both good.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! That is quite the adventure! I haven't been that far up the walking path since they finished it under the freeway. The last time I went, it just stopped at the freeway. Let's go together sometime!

Ashley said...

Also, I love the pictures. :)

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

Sounds pretty fun. I always loved going on walks with you.

Unknown said...

Haven't read your blog in a long time so I'm only commenting once, not on every post :) So happy your baby girl is doing well! She is beautiful! And I really love this story - fun memories!!! And yes, you self-respecting blogger you, I'm glad you took pictures!