If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Five things.. on Saturday.

I missed the boat on our Five Things on Friday post. But for the sake of being a better blogger, I will persevere and still post about five things that have been going on this week. 

#1- It snowed! We just got a little dusting of snow (whereas my family in Morgan had a snow day due to the 7 inches they received) - but it was so fun. We took Lydia out into it and she just kept looking around amazed. It was fun to have her first snow be at an age where she is so interested in the world around her. She loved it! We tried to get a picture of her face but the camera died. 

#2- We printed off some of our awesome new family pictures and hung them around our house. It's so fun to have some new pictures hung up. I'm constantly amazed at how well Lydia's personality was captured by the photos. 

#3- I went to my second ever book club and had a really good time. We read "The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie." I didn't particularly LOVE it, but it was fun to read something out of my element and to be able to get together with friends to chat about it. Oh, if you want a really good book to read, try out "The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet." I just finished it and it was SO good!

#4- David and I went to the last play of our Season tickets at the Hale Center Theater. It was South Pacific, and although it wasn't our favorite play - we had a really good time. Special thanks to Amy who came down and watched Lydia for us while we were gone. We have LOVED having these season tickets. I'm so lucky to have a guy who would surprise me with the totally unexpected Christmas present of season tickets to the Hale.


#5- Lydia went to her very first Halloween party. Isn't she darling? We will take some better pictures of her when we go to David's work Halloween party - but I couldn't resist posting these. She makes the cutest Lyddiebug we ever did see. Don't you agree?



(I love this sweet picture of Lydia and her friend Elsie. Such a cute pair.) 

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I think if you post on Saturday, you should make it a six things post. ;) Not really. I look forward to your five things posts whichever day you do them. I'll have to check out your book recommendation! Well, maybe once we're a little more settled.

Ashley said...

And yes, she is definitely the cutest Lyddie bug ever. :)

Kara Welker said...

I'm glad you got those pictures printed off all right! PS. NONE of those DVDs are working. I have to get all new ones. So it wasn't your computer! Who knows...Such a cute little girl!

Unknown said...

Such a cute costume!! Did you make it?? :)

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

Love her costume.

Unknown said...

Ummm...she's precious. You're totally right, a super cute Lyddiebug!