If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Five Things

Sometimes, you have so many things to blog about, it's hard to know what to start with. I have six posts in Draft stage - waiting for the final touches in order for them to be blogged about. My plan was to write a blog post each day this week in order to catch up - but you can see how that plan worked out. However, this week was full of lots of fun things.

#1 - Lydia slept her first night in her crib. She has still been in her pack and play but we were lucky enough to inherit a crib from Wendy and Sam, so we set it up and gave it a go. She did pretty well, we think. We are thinking about painting it white, or maybe a fun color. What do you think?

#2 -I got to hang out with my awesome friend Natalie! She just got back from her mission and it was so fun to be able to spend the day with her. I sure miss this girl.

#3- I was able to get together with a bunch of friends from Elementary/Middle school. Three of us are married and two of us have babies. It was good to catch up with them. From left to right, there is Tony (Shandell's husband), Shandell and her baby, Kellie (Nick couldn't make it), Lauren, Andrea, and then Lydia and I (David couldn't make it either.)


Lydia was such a sweet girl. It was only toward the end that she got sad. It was a little noisy and close to her bedtime but she was such a trooper. I am so grateful for such a good baby. 
And here are some embarrassing pictures of those friends and I as little girls: (I couldn't resist!)



#4- My little sister Melissa introduced me to the funniest think. The SnapChat App. It is so funny. It may have made me want an iPhone pretty badly. Until I realized that we have an iPad. Whoo hoo! SnapChat enables you to take funny pictures, write funny captions, and send them back and forth. It's like a text message on steroids (where they can't download the picture and post it on facebook (*cough* Melissa *cough*). 


#5-We have been able to spend a huge amount of time with my family. It started out with Family pictures last Saturday: 

Then David had to go to Wendover for work all week. Because he was gone, that meant that Lydia and I stayed in Morgan and spend the week with my family. We were SO excited for David to come home, but we really enjoyed spending so much time with family!

First Piggy-back ever!



We had a wonderful week and we are so excited to have David back home with us. 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

First of all, I love your fuchsia sweater! And second of all, the old pictures are fabulous. :) Can we play sometime next week?

Jenna Haderlie said...

Okay, Why did you put the picture of you and melissa smiling and I am cheesing it! Oops! :) I love all of this! It was so fun to be home! I love you and lydia and David!

-Jenna

P.S. Maybe next time I see you I can figure out how to sign my name on this without actually signing my name.

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

haha love it!