If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Five

Happy Friday everyone! Here are some things that we've been up to this week-

#1- Progress on our house is coming along nicely. This week the foundation went from this...


...to this!

In case it doesn't look any different, they finally filled in the bottom and the garage floor with cement. Yay! Hopefully they will start framing soon. (p.s. Look at that view of our backyard. It looks over the Thanksgiving Point golf course and it is beautiful.

#2- November 6, 2012 - Also known as Decision Twenty Twelve. David and I exercised our right to vote. I won't go into our political views at this point, but I will say that I am grateful to live in a country with a democratic process in place to ensure that the voice of the people is heard. Sometimes it's hard when the voice of the majority doesn't align with what "I" want - but I am grateful that it's not just one persons voice. Although the presidential race was intense and exciting - I firmly believe that casting an educated vote for local leaders is just as important (if not more important).

(Our "I Voted" stickers.)

#3- David's mom came to visit. It was really fun. Lydia also got to spend time with my parents (pictures to come). Lydia is lucky to have such great grandparents!


#4- Lydia started solid food (rice cereal). She wasn't sure what to think about it - but she was a good sport through the whole thing. She is such a happy baby! (I believe that this deserves a full post, so it will be coming shortly.)

#5- I love to watch David and Lydia play with each other. I love to listen to Lydia laugh. I must be the luckiest girl in the whole world to be surrounded by these two. 

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What a cute video! And Lydia looks especially beautiful in the picture with her rice cereal. :)

Amy said...

I love this little girl!

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Are you kidding me? Those eyes are AMAZING!! The picture of her eating is so beautiful. Also- love the video. I'm so happy your house is moving along! We are going to live SO CLOSE!! I am so lucky!!

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

I can't believe how fast your house is coming along. So exciting.