If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday

1. Melissa and Blake's wedding was this last weekend. (I am working on a post for that.) I was lucky enough to be able to help them with many of the details of the day, and I loved every second of it. I honestly never felt stressed leading up to the wedding, just busy helping to get everything ready. However, it took me almost three days to recover completely from Saturday. (Seriously, Sunday - David and I could barely move and I basically wanted to sleep the whole day.) When I finally got some energy back, I looked around the house and realized all of the things that had been neglected in the past several weeks (loads and loads of laundry, overdue library books, empty soap dispensers, running dangerously low on toilet paper, etc...) This week has been spent working on all of those things while impatiently waiting for the professional wedding pictures to get back. (We may have neglected to take any pictures except for a few of Lydia in her pretty dress.)

2. Yesterday Sue took Lydia and I out to lunch and then to go clothes shopping for some new Spring clothes for Lydia. (For their Anniversary, Cal gave Sue a gift card to Carters and some money to take us out to lunch because he know how much she loves stuff like that. It was so sweet.) Lydia was definitely one spoiled little girl! (And her mama, too.) We love to spend time with our "Salt Lake Grandma" and I would be lying if I didn't say that I was SO thrilled about the cute outfits Lydia got. We sure are lucky girls. (I tried to get a really cute picture of one of the new outfits we got, and everytime I pulled the camera out she started crying. She'd go from happy and laughing to tears if I tried to make her stand against a wall. I finally snapped this one and at least you can see how cute she is!)

3. I think that I've mentioned this briefly, but for the sake of "journaling" purposes I thought that I'd detail everything out. I've been watching Carson and Elsie on Fridays (from 8 to 1) since August/September when school started. Then in February I started watching them on Wednesday as well. (I'd been thinking about it for a long time - and then things just kind of fell into place.) The same week that I started watching Carson and Elsie for an extra day - I also started watching a 5 month old baby boy, Jackson, on Mondays (from 8-5). Watching Carson and Elsie was totally natural, because we love spending time with them all the time anyway - but when I randomly ran into this other mom who needed someone to watch her little boy (we met through a mutual friend at a birthday party) I couldn't believe my ears when I heard myself telling her that I might be able to help out. But the more we thought about it, the more we realized that it just felt really good. It's just until summer starts - so just a couple of months - but I couldn't deny how right it felt. We are almost a month in now, and although my schedule has gotten much busier - we have been really enjoying all of the time we get to spend with our friends. Lydia adores Jackson and is always quick to give him a toy or try to hand him his bottle. When he's gone she often asks about "Baby Dacks". She also loves Carson and Elsie. She adores Carson and follows him around all day (much to his dismay), and Elsie is her best friend. When I tell her that they are coming over in the morning - she always squeals and runs to the door. She loves having them over to play.  

4. The day before we were going to go out shopping with Sue, I went upstairs and pulled out all of the summer clothes that Lydia wore last summer to see if she could still fit into any of them. Most of them were given to us by my Mom, which was such a blessing, and some of the shorts were 18 month sizes so they were a tiny bit big last summer. I was hoping that she would still fit into them. I pulled out the box and made Lydia try on several pairs of shorts and capris. Holy cow. I was not prepared for how cute she was going to look, and how excited it was going to make me for summer! Watching her run around in those little shorts was so adorable, I could barely stand it. Now that we have a few more outfits to add to our summer collection, I am seriously ready to pack away all of the warm clothes and start wearing summer clothes right now! (What? It's supposed to snow next week? Well... maybe we'll just stay inside and crank the heat - I'm sure David won't mind.) Haha. Seriously though - I am SO excited for summer! Swimming, park playing, splash pads, Thanksgiving Point, ice cream cones... It's going to be SUCH a great summer.

5. Here's a quick March Madness update:

That's right. Lydia and I are tied at 100. Because we are awesome. David says that these four days (Round of 64 - March 20&21 and Round of 32 - March 22&23) are his favorite four days of sports/basketball of the whole year. We are planning on having a basketball packed weekend - and maybe I'll even make some treats.


Also, as an extra - I can't help but add this picture of my darling Lydia girl and her sweet curls. I just love this girl and all the joy she brings to our life! (And did I mention that I can't wait until summer?)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

1. I'm looking forward to your post about the wedding! The little sneak peaks I saw of things you were putting together looked amazing!
2. What a DARLING dress! And how sweet of Cal to get her a gift card to go shopping for Lydia - I love that idea!
3. Thank you for watching my two crazies. I know it's a lot of work, but I really, really appreciate it. My kids love coming to your house - when I was buckling Carson up in the car this afternoon, I asked if he had a good day, and he got a smile on his face and yes and then told me that he ate bowties for lunch :) - and I know they're well taken care of while they're there.
4. YAY SUMMER!!! I am SO SO SO SO SO excited for summer!
5. March Madness is so fun!
Extra - What a beautiful, sweet picture! I love it.

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

I can't wait hear about the Wedding. And I love that you and Lydia are tied up. Good Luck with your bracket!