For those of you who missed the announcement - we are excited to be welcoming a
sweet baby boy
into our hearts and home in just 15 short weeks!
We are thrilled, and just getting more and more excited every day. I'm feeling really awesome lately, I seriously love the second trimester. I'm hardly every queasy, still have (just enough) energy to chase Lydia around, am not uncomfortable yet, and am finally looking "really pregnant". Some people have expressed pity for me being pregnant during the summer - but in all honesty, I think it's going to be awesome because I will be in the second trimester for the majority of the hot part of the summer. Hopefully I won't get really big until it starts feeling a little more like Fall outside.
We've been hitting up the pool, splash pads, and the new children's museum like crazy - and I think that's helped me feel a little more active. When I was pregnant with Lydia I was teaching all day and that kept me mobile and active, which I think contributed to my positive pregnancy and delivery. I've been a little worried about being at home during this pregnancy, because I'm not one to "work out". Thankfully, chasing a two year old seems to be a pretty good trade-off for teaching 7 classes full of high school students. The only thing I know that I need to do better at is drinking more water. When I was teaching, I'd go through 5 bottles of water a day because I was talking so much and they were always within reach of my desk. Now I have to walk "all the way to the fridge" and I just don't think about it as much. I've noticed a difference in my hydration and really want to do better at that. The only other thing of note is that pretty much nothing sounds good to me. It's not that I'm queasy, or that I'm not hungry, and not even that I don't enjoy the food when I'm eating it. It's just that meal planning is hard because nothing sounds good, and making dinner is difficult sometimes because I'm not really in the mood for what I'm cooking. (Doesn't matter what it is - I'm pretty much never feeling whatever I'm cooking.) The only thing that ever sounds good is a bowl of cereal. I've eaten more cold cereal in the last couple weeks than I have in my whole life. (Mostly for lunch and snacks - I'm still feeling good enough to make dinner every night, and for that I'm grateful.)
Comparing my pictures from pregnancy #1 with my pictures from pregnancy #2 - I think that I'm a little bit bigger this time around - but probably not by much. I just went to a doctors appointment and I think that I've gained about 17 pounds so far. I don't remember exactly how that compares, but I feel pretty good about that. (We don't have a scale, so I don't know my "pre-pregnancy" weight and I only can see weight gain during those doctors appointments - I figure that they will tell me if anything looks off.) Baby boy is measuring exactly on track (well, the uterus is at least) and his heartbeat was about 155.
We've been having a really hard time with names. Like, there are zero serious contenders. We have a rotating list of about five names written on our mirror in our bathroom - but I don't know that I'd say that any of those names will be the one we choose. More likely, there is a better name out there and we just have to find it. Any awesome baby boy name ideas out there? We need some serious inspiration.
More than anything, I'm just really grateful to be pregnant. We've wanted this baby for a long time, and just know that he belongs with our family. I'm grateful that I've been feeling so good because I know that there are many others out there for whom pregnancy is such a struggle. I'm grateful to be pregnant because I know others who wish they could be. We've been so blessed, and I count those blessings every day - and will continue to count those blessings long after this little boy is born.








8 comments:
I don't know how you do you, but you look adorable in every picture! Good luck with your last trimester and I hope you continue to have the same level of energy. :) Great job on cooking dinner every night, huge accomplishment.
Shantel!
You are beautiful! I am so excited for you, having a boy!! How fun!
I love your weekly letters. How fun that your little man reacts to the sound of the train! I need to drink more water as well - we should have some kind of "contest" where we keep each other drinking lots of water. Also, I told my mom that I wish babies came with their name tatooed on their umbilical cord. :)
Boy name ideas: Caleb, Henry, Connor, Ethan, Noah, Devin (I had different spellings, but all of my students named Devin/Devon were such wonderful, sweet boys.)
You are too cute! I love your long hair! I am so excited for you guys! Boy names: Jack, Brody, PAUL (after your dad of course ha), Mason, Hudsen...
I love this little boy! I am so excited. The other day on facebook I saw someone whose name was Remmington, and I thought it was actually really cute! I think you should name him Remmington.
Such a fun update on your family!! My vote for a boy name is Logan. It's where you and David met and have a lot of good memories. I love it but Zack won't let me- so someone should!!
Oh, congratulations on a BABY BOY! That is terrific! You are looking so adorable, as always. I think baby boy names are tough. I have to agree with your friend above though. I think Logan is a GREAT name (I married one) and it goes very well with Lydia. Plus, I'm sure it holds some good memories of your time at Utah State. :)
Ok I know I'm way behind- my blogger is all messed up so I just have to remember to periodically check people's blogs, but my goodness you are the cutest!! These letters are darling and you look so great. I'm so happy we'll have our second babies close too.
Post a Comment