If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

I know I just did sappy post for our anniversary - but I couldn't let this day go by without wishing a Happy Father's Day to my darling husband, David. He does so much for our little family, and truly is the best father I could have hoped for to raise our children together. He is kind and sweet and loving. The way he loves Lydia and our baby boy brings me such great job and makes me love him even more every single day. He's perfect for me, and an amazing and loving father for our kids. 

We started out our Sunday with some yummy bacon/sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits - slider style. Then let David open his presents. A hamburger/bacon pan for the stove and a "good for one Whiteboard" coupon for him to pick out a little whiteboard for his shelf in our bedroom. (Both things that he asked for - so nothing too exciting, but hopefully they helped show him how much we appreciate him!)  

We headed to church, where Lydia gave us both an awesome Father's Day Present and went to nursery by her self for the entire time - for the first time ever! The men got bags of chocolate chip cookies from the Relief Society, and hopefully they all felt loved and appreciated. 


I made Barbecue Ribs, garlic mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob for dinner - per David's request. It was delicious and we just enjoyed spending the rest of the evening together. Much of it consisted of this:  


Lydia would say "Swing Daddy!" and they would take turns swinging their legs up while bracing their bodies on the couch/coffee table. The words "Swing again Daddy!" were repeated probably 100 times. David was exhausted, but as a mark of what a wonderful Daddy he is - he couldn't resist and played this game with her all night. She absolutely loved it.  Want proof? Here's a video of it: 

I hope that our son grows up to be just like David, and that Lydia marries a man just as sweet and kind and caring as him. 

David and I both have wonderful fathers, and we were able to Skype/Facetime with them before dinner. I'm grateful for their examples in our lives and we wish them a very Happy Father's Day as well. 



3 comments:

Ashley said...

That video is too cute. I love Lydia saying over and over, "Try again. Try again." What a good sport David is! And yay for Lydia going to all of nursery!!! That's fabulous! :D

Kellie and Nick Fawcett said...

I am sorry but holy cow you look beautiful in that picture of you and David. It sounds like it was a good day. And you are right, David is perfect for you!

Jenna Haderlie said...

David is so awesome! "Try again!"