Happy Halloween from our Super-Family to yours.
We love Halloween, and we had a great time dressing up and participating in all sorts of festivities. Lydia, Austin, and I went trick or treating at Aunt Amy's office and then headed over to David's office to do some trick or treating there as well. Lydia made a haul. She filled her "Super Hero Bag" twice! Everyone loved Lydia's costume and I'm really happy with the way that it turned out.
We had been thinking for a long time that we would all dress up as the Tiger Family from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood because Daniel Tiger just had a new baby sister, Margaret, and Lydia absolutely loves it. However, she has repeatedly asked me "Mama, will you make me a cape?" which usually ends up with me tying a blanket around her shoulders -so we figured that we'd get more use out of this costume. It worked out perfectly, too - because I had a pile of old red curtains from my college apartment so I just cut those up and made us all capes - even Baby Austin.
Later that night we went trick or treating around our neighborhood. I wish I had gotten a picture when all the kids were out in full force. There are SO many - and it was so fun. We love living in this neighborhood. (We invited Grandma and Grandpa Peaden down to see Lydia in her costume and do some trick of treating together.)
So, the day was kind of busy - and we just didn't get around to taking good pictures of Lydia and Austin. After we put them down for bed that night, I was really bummed out about the whole thing. (Also, we lost Austin's cape somewhere on our adventures - so I was double bummed out.) I just felt like it was a big #parentingfail to not get a classic picture of my kids together on Halloween, especially because it was Austin's first Halloween. After being bummed out about it for a while, I decided to just make them get back in their costumes and take a few pictures of them to document. I'm glad that I did - because I want to remember how cute they were. Just pretend like I was on top of things and these were taken Halloween morning.
And to double make up for my lack-of-pictures on Halloween, I threw a blanket down on the ground on took some pictures of Super-Austin in his costume. Isn't he precious? The sweetest little super hero I ever did see.
Happy Halloween!













8 comments:
Oh my goodness! Those photos of Austin where he looks like he's flying...they are so cute! It just makes me so happy!
Those are super cute pictures. You are such a good mom. I wish that we dressed up Camille for her first Halloween, but we didn't. You are awesome. I love you and can't wait to see you all this month!
These are so cute!! I'd say that picture of your whole family is more of a win than taking pictures day of :) plus you made all of the costumes- major win.
Also, I know capes are fairly simple (at least you said that ha) but I am as beginner as sewing beginners get and would love to make a cape for henry! if you get a spare minute between caring for a toddler and a newborn and being a wife and in the primary presidency I'd love some tips :)
I love it! You all look pretty awesome as Superheroes!!
I love that you coordinate your costumes as a family. So fun, and so cute! Lydia is just darling! And the pictures of Super Austin are SO cute. And I love the one of Lydia kissing Austin. And this should probably be my last sentence that I start with and. :)
That is so cute!!! It really looks like he is flying!!!
These costumes are simply delightful! I love that you made your own superhero costumes rather than trying to become other popular superheros. Looks like a fun Halloween!
Post a Comment