This last weekend we took a little mini-trip to Logan and it was so. wonderful.
I haven't been back to Logan (other than just a few quick trips for weddings) since we've been graduated and I've missed it immensely. David gets up to Logan several times a year, and I always tease him and ask him to take me with him. So this time when he had a recruiting thing that he had to do in Logan, but he didn't have to drive up with any coworkers, we all tagged along! We headed up on a Thursday morning, played all day, stayed in the University Inn, hung out at the hotel while David worked in the morning, walked around campus in the afternoon, and played some more before heading home Friday night.
I loved being back on campus, eating Aggie Ice Cream, feeding the ducks at First Dam, playing at a fun new children's place - Wiggle Worms, eating at The Bluebird and walking up to the third floor where David gave my my wedding ring and where we had our wedding luncheon, and just being back in the beautiful town that holds such a special place in my heart.
(Left: View from our University Inn window. Right: Eating Ice Cream by the A.)
So much has changed, around Logan and on campus, and for a while it was throwing me for a loop. Buildings where fields used to be, empty spaces where buildings used to be; giant complexes, restaurants, and different people. I don't know. But, after getting over the shock of all of the changes that have happened in Cache Valley over the past five years, it was easy to see that the heart of Logan has remained and that it's still the place that I love so much.
Round 1 in convincing Lydia and Austin to attend USU - accomplished!
#futureaggies
5 comments:
Haha I love that last line! And yes, Logan changes so much every time I am there too. I am still pretty sad about thE HPER field (did I remember that acronym correctly?). My parents always tell me that when they were in college, tenth north (Logan Lanes) was the END OF TOWN. I often wonder what Cache Valley will be like twenty years from now for our future Aggies. It's such a great place - I hope it doesn't change too much! Glad you had a fun little family trip!!!
How fun to take your kids back to the place where you met and began your family! I'm so glad you were able to go up!
These pictures are darling and I'm so glad you had such a fun trip!
Sounds like you guys had fun. I love Logan. And all your pictures are so cute.
Yay! I love that you put the pack n play in the bathroom. We did that when we stayed at University Inn last time, too! It's the best spot for it and you even have a spot outside with a sink. Who knew that USU had such family friendly accommodations?!? Also, did you get to eat at Morty's? My friend is part owner and I always watch their instagram and facebook. It looks amazing!
Post a Comment