If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Super Friends

Austin is napping and Lydia is "resting" in her room. Actually I can hear her bumping around up there, so there isn't really a lot of resting going on - but I'm hoping she'll realize she's tired and that she'll go to sleep. Just enough time to squeeze in a little bit of blogging. And maybe even enough time for some guilt-free book reading. (Laundry is going and so are the dishes and I've already swept and vacuumed my floors today. I'm pretty much a super-hero myself.) 
*note: don't be too impressed with me, I haven't done any of the aforementioned household chores for over a week-maybe two- and only the complete chaos has forced me to be so productive today*

A while back, I made a deal with Ali to help her make a superhero cape in return for her taking some darling pictures of the kids and me. It really was a win, win, win for me because I got the pictures, got to have several play-dates while making the capes, and then got copies of these darling pictures of the two of them in their capes. I love everything about them. 



It took much longer to make the capes than I had originally thought it would, mostly because we had to take turns keeping the babies/kids occupied while we were working. The addition of the bias tape around the outside was a last minute add-on while shopping for fabric, but I think it turned out great.



 




This last picture is one of my very favorites. I feel like it captures my Lydia so well. One of the rare moments where she isn't running or jumping somewhere, but looking out and planning her next big adventure. 

4 comments:

janette said...

What a very fun exchange! Both the capes and pictures turned out amazing.

Unknown said...

Love the capes! And what priceless pictures!

Ashley said...

That really is a win win win situation! Darling capes and darling photos.

Ali said...

(I'm up early listening to a neighbors monitor for her kids, so I figured I would get caught up on commenting ;)
I love looking at these pictures and love what great little friends they have become. And that last picture of lydia is my favorite too! She is such a great little girl.