If you're here, welcome! We blog for us as our journal, but we are glad to share out lives with you.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Insta-Tuesday {8.25.15}

So remember the phone drama? Let me recap: my phone camera broke, I was without a phone for ten days while the LG repair facility in Texas worked to fix it, they sent it back saying that they couldn't/wouldn't fix it. I didn't have a phone camera but was too stubborn to buy a new camera. Lucky for me, we went camping and my phone fell out of David's pocket while we were hiking. 

"Oh, poor me - my broken phone without a camera got lost. I guess now I'll have to get a new one."

So - just one thing to say:
Hey Instagram! I'm baaaaccccck. 

{8.5.15}
Meet Panda 2.0- We somehow managed to LOSE Panda while camping this weekend. We bought a new one at Ikea but I'm feeling some major Mom guilt about the whole thing. #parentingfail (In better-ish news, we also lost my phone on a hike which means I got a new phone... with a camera! So, hooray for my return to Instagram- I've missed you all!)

{8.6.15}
Last day of swimming lessons. I loved her teacher (he was so great), Lydia loved swimming every day (and learned so much), and David even got to come watch on his lunch break. #weloveswimming#welovedaddyevenmore

{8.7.15}
95% of our (very early) morning conversations go like this: "Mom, is it morning time?" "Yes, *sigh*, it's morning time." "Can I have a popsicle?!?" This morning was a perfect example of the other 5% where I wake up to her yelling from her bedroom "Mom! MOMMY! Can I have a popsicle???" #dailylimitofonepopsicle#shegetstochoosewhen #panda2.0
{8.9.15}
Spending my evening going through pictures for several new blog posts. Can't get over this picture from a camping adventure last weekend. Photo cred: @alimiddletonphoto #campingbaby #thoseeyes


{8.9.15}
And another camping beauty because I just. can't. resist. Again, photo cred: @alimiddletonphoto @alimiddle10#bestfriends #icanthandlethecute#newphonebackground

{8.10.15}
Biggest shopping trip of the world today. I wore A in my ergo until the very end and both kids did great pretty much the whole time. I may have spent the rest of my grocery budget for the month but it feels SO good to finally have food in the pantry/fridge again after a summer of ''what do we have in the house that I can cook for dinner" dinners.  #savedalmost70dollarspricematching#threeweeksofmealplans#babywearingforthewin#especiallybecausetherewasnoroomleftinthecart#howdopeoplefeedmorethantwokids?

{8.11.15}
Late night freezer breakfast sandwich making. #iwasntthistiredwhenistarted

{8.12.15}
I got this can at a RS activity in 2007. Yes. Eight years ago. I'm sure that every other person either threw it away within the week or used the contents of the can for dinner. I, of course, have held onto the can for 3 (maybe 4) moves and have kept it in my pantry- not as a reminder to do visiting teaching but just in case I ever needed to come up with a handout for a visiting teaching themed relief society activity. Yeah. Turns out, I still can't throw it away without documenting it, just in case.  #thetimehasfinallycome #amiahorder?#newformoftechnologyhording


{8.16.15}
"Lydia, you're my best friend." "Yeah, and you're my best friend."#bestfriendsandcake #lydiaandelsie

{8.17.15}
You guys. My friend Ali is launching her amazing photography business today and is doing a huge giveaway, plus the first 10 people to book get 50% off. If you are planning on having family pictures in the next year, please go check her out. @alimiddletonphoto She does amazing work! She captured the essence of childhood when she snapped this pic of L and H wearing their new super hero capes. I love it so much.

{8.18.15}
This is what spending more than half your day cleaning melted crayons out of your car upholstery looks like. I've learned my lesson, so take it from me:
NEVER EVER take crayons in your car. It's not worth it. You will be sorry.#picturedoesntdothemessjustice#havetokeepmycarnicesoicantradeitforaminivan

{8.20.15}
Balance houses (bounce houses) are so. much. fun. #ohchildhood#eidebailly #summerparty#wemadeiteventhoughourcarbrokedownontheway

{8.21.15}

1 comment:

Ashley said...

The intro to this post made me laugh. I love it. Yay for Instagram!