Sweet baby. The sweetest baby. I usually try to get out and take some more "formal" pictures for the monthly pictures. However, I didn't get them taken. I was planning to still go out and do them (I'm writing this post a few days after the 23rd) - but when I saw this picture pop into the draft box of blogger - I thought, "I'm not going to find a picture that so perfectly fits this boy this month." I love it and him so much.
Official Stats:
Weight: 20 lbs 10 oz
Length: 31.25 in
Head Circ: 47 cm
Stats: Size 12 month shirts might be getting a little tight. Size 12 month pants are starting to fit. Size 4 diapers (and size 3 are definitely too small). Size 4 shoes (he loves shoes!). He's had four teeth on top,and two teeth on bottom for a couple of months but just in the last week he broke through a third tooth on the bottom left, right next to the two front teeth. I think that he might need another haircut because his hair is getting a little shaggy in the back, even though it's still pretty thin on top.
Some other things to remember this month:
--The picture from up above was taken one afternoon when Austin had been sleeping for quite a while and I went to check on him. He had a book over his face and my heart melted. It was obvious that he'd fallen asleep reading the book. I made sure he was still able to breathe okay then ran to grab the camera to take a picture. I came in and snapped a picture and immediately afterwards he pulled the book from his face and smiled at me. I almost thought that he'd been awake the whole time, because he pulled the book away like he was playing peek-a-boo, but he had to have been asleep because he was in the exact same position as he was when I ran to grab my camera. It's just the perfect example of how sweet and funny and happy this boy is. He has the best sense of humor and I hope he never looses it. (Also, he loves books and won't take a nap or go to bed without one set up for him to look at.)
--He wants to do everything that Lydia does. Every. Single. Thing. He follows her around and tries to climb on all the things she does, read the same books, wear the same dress-ups. Lydia was painting at the table, and Austin insisted that he be allowed to join in the party. He'd kind of painted before (usually I just give him water and let him paint with water on construction paper so it changes color), but he loved it and he's done it several times since.
-He loved hunting eggs. Even after his basket was full and he'd gathered all the eggs - he would say "more, more, mooooooore".
--Another example of wanting to do everything the older kids are doing.
--He's so funny and I find him all the time squeezed into funny little spaces. Crawling under his crib, hiding in closets, and even squeezing under the trampoline. Funny boy. Oh, and he doesn't just climb under things - he climbs on top of things as well. He's an adventurer, that's for sure.
-He has this thing with the dishwasher. He likes to play with the buttons, pull it open if it's shut, and close it if it's open. One morning he just wouldn't leave it alone as I was trying to put the dishes in so I set him on the counter behind me so I could finish the breakfast dishes. I turned around and saw him drinking the jam left on the counter. Literally. It was flowing into his mouth and he was drinking it like juice. This sugar-loving-baby of mine. *sigh*
--Lydia sings Austin a lullaby every night. She usually insists that he sit in the chair all by himself so she can sing. (Some nights I'm less patient with this demand than others.) He's so lucky to have such a loving big sister. Bedtime is one of the very most exhausting parts of the day, but the moments of book-reading and good-night loving and sweetness are moments that I want to hold on to forever.
--He has the funniest grumpy face that I can't help but laugh at! In all honesty, his face looks like this at least 50% of the time. He just likes the way his lips feel, I think. Because he does it even when he's happy - but oh, if he's grumpy - you better bet he's going to give you that grumpy "I'm not impressed with what you're saying" face.
--These are a list of things that he loves:
(And when I say loves, I don't mean that he likes. I mean that he loves.)
Trains, putting things down vents, candy, going outside, his pacifier, teasing Lydia.
Every time the train passes, he hears it coming and runs to the window. (If possible, he runs to the couch and climbs up so he can look out the window.) If you pick him up and run him to the window, he rewards you with the biggest happiest smile as he stares out the window. #worthit
--Sometimes your mom cleans and mops the kitchen then makes you eat dinner in the bathtub.
--Did I mention that he loves outside. He cries every single time I make him come back inside.
--We had a sleepover with Camille and it was awesome.
There are some things I have written down in my planner but I don't really have pictures to correspond. I love jotting down notes in my planner, because even reading them back right now I'm like "Yes! I remember that. He's so cute." Because, little things are easy to forget and I don't want to forget how great this little boy is. My list:
-"Tickles Lydia" He loves to tickle Lydia. It's the cutest funniest thing! At first I wasn't sure what he was doing, but he'll wiggle his fingers on her feet or tummy and laugh and laugh at himself. Lydia will play along and laugh and that makes him laugh even harder. He will tickle David and I, too - but he really loves tickling Lydia. One morning, she was laying in our closet with her head under my shirts and he feet poking out and Austin kept coming over to tickle her feet. She made sure we were watching and they did it over and over again. So darling.
-"Hides" He loves to hide in our closet. Under our clothes or behind my white bin. I love it.
-"Always grump face." Umm.. yes.
-"Plays with trains/loves trains" He loves to play with the trains in Lydia's room. He's gotten pretty good at connecting the train tracks together and loves to push the trains back and forth on the tracks saying "choo-choo". He's started doing a lot of independent play. Lydia and I will be downstairs doing a myriad of things, and Austin will just go upstairs to his room and play with the trains. And I already wrote before about how much he loves to watch the train go by.
-"Puts things in vents." Oh my land. We had a contractor over to give us a quote for building our window seat and maybe some lockers in our mudroom and Austin came right over, lifted up the vent, and dropped a ball inside. The contractor laughed, and so did I - but later when I was pulling it out I found not only the ball, but also a fork, a block, and a handful of small toys. Since then, I've been pulling blocks and toys out of vents all over the place. The vent that is sitting right by the "kids table" in our family room keeps getting filled to overflowing with wooden blocks and I don't know what to do to stop it! I'm hoping he just grows out of it. (But, it's kind of funny.)
-"Loves candy". This boy has a sixth sense for candy. He knows. He loves cake and ice cream and candy, candy, candy!
-"Follows directions." He's so good at following directions! If he has a pacifier in his mouth you can say "Austin - go put your pacifier in your bed!" And he'll take it out of his mouth and go put it in his bed just like you asked. (He'll also probably grab a new one on his way out of his room - but he does leave the one that you asked him to leave in his bed.) Even directions with several steps, or requests to go get something, he does really well with. He understands so much!
-"Draw/color", He really likes to use crayons/markers/colored pencils to draw and color. Lydia didn't really like that until recently, so I'm always amazed at how well he does and how much he likes it.
-"Nursery". It's not going so hot. We'll let you know next month if things start getting better.
And here are some pictures that I don't have much to say about, other than... Isn't he so cute???
Austin, I love you. We love you. So much.
































1 comment:
The pictures of him in bed with his book are so sweet! Also, his grumpy face is my favorite. :)
Post a Comment